I swear, I do not know where the time goes. I'm hoping to actually have a real birthday party for Jack this year. He's been sick for the past two years and so we've not been able to do much for him. This is the year!
I posted a picture o

f Mikey's very simple birthday cake. Unfortunately, we didn't get to do much but then again, we never do. The poor guy gets the short stick everytime. But to be fair, we won't be celebrating Valentine's Day either but we never do that. We don't need a special day to show the other that we love them.
Currently, Mike is traveling to

Owego NY to look at the place. I'm still so stressed that I'm making myself sick. Literally. I'm having back trouble and my hair is falling out in clumps!!! I'm so worried that we'll have to move back to an apartment. While living simply is a good idea and a good concept, I just cannot fathom how we could do it. How do we go down to 2 bedrooms?? Where do we put all the stuff like my fabric and yarn, 4 years worth of clothes for Ian, pictures, books, CD's, and movies we've collected?? I know, I know. I'm stressing. What happens happens. Right? But it is still stressful.
On the flip side, it is really good that we get 6 months to get ourselves together. Plus we don't have to pull Katie out of school in the middle of the year. I get to go on one more retreat with my best friends and we don't have to move in the middle of the winter. We'll have the chance to spruce up the outside of the house (staining the fence and fixing the hole that the tree put into it, staining the deck, putting some flowers in the gardens, making the grass nice and green, etc) and maybe fix some of the not-so-good stuff. Please cross fingers and/or pray that we can find a buyer for this place.
There really isn't any other news. Katie's Girl Scout cookie sale is starting up very soon and we won't have to worry about storing the cookies here. Since I'm the Troop Leader, I ain't gotsta worry about that this year! I don't know that Katie will be able to

sell as many as last year because she isn't allowed to sell at LM (solicitation, apparently) but I'll take her door to door this year. The prizes are really spectacular! If you're interested, let us know. You can always make a donation, too. This year, I'm pushing to send boxes of cookies to deployed Troops but the girls are the ones to make the final decision. I think that because I'm a Leader, I may work to sway them, though. :)
Anyway, until next time, stay warm.
No comments:
Post a Comment