Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Fourth

I just wanted to get on quickly and say Happy Fourth of July! Technically I'm posting this at 12:31 a.m. on the 5th but good enough. Thank you to our soldiers past and present for fighting to make this great country what it is.

We made lots of food this morning for our get-together and all of it was yummy. Potato and macaroni salads (Mom, yours is STILL better), two types of brownies, peach bellini, and strawberry shortcake (which didn't entirely get made...the strawberries got cut up and then we ran out of time).

After Jack's nap, we headed to Tracy and Terry's house in a lovely downpour in the hopes that it would clear up. Thankfully it did because when we first got there, there were fifteen people crammed onto a little covered patio! But it cleared and became very lovely. Mike and the kids went swimming while I worried about food and getting pictures. That's my story... I always have such fun with Jeri and all of our friends.

We found out today that Rick and Lynne are expecting #4!!! Congratulations! And good luck! LOL! :) Here's hoping they get their Daddy's girl this time.

After swimming, we headed in to Eagan to watch the fireworks. Jack was so excited about it until they started and then he was a little apprehensive. Katie was frightened for a while but sat with Jeri and then started to enjoy herself. It's actually kind of funny how good Jim is with kids but he was also trying to help calm her down. In the end, both kids seemed to enjoy themselves. And then I waited in line at one of the festival food booths for mini donuts. Soooo good but quite the long wait!

After I get the pictures uploaded, I will share some with you and the rest will go on Photobucket. For now, I'm heading to bed. I'm worn out!

No comments: