There isn't a lot going on today but I still wanted to update this. Since our washer crapped out on us, we replaced it. We also decided to get the dryer since we're hoping to eventually move out of this place.
I feel like things are falling down around us but I've also been watching Rick updating his home and I've had a light bulb moment. Pretty much common sense for everyone else but it is a recent realization for me. I look around and see all the stuff that needs to be done and I get overwhelmed with the cost of it all. Watching Rick has gotten me to realize, and this is the duh moment, people, that I don't need to try and fix/update everything all at once. I can do things one at a time and slowly update things. So my plan is to try and focus on getting one thing at a time fixed or updated.
Right now, I need to get the big tree in the yard cut down, replant trees in the big gaping holes, cut down the stump in the front yard, replace the deck (it's sagging and pulling away from the house...this is a project that I KNOW I can do by myself. Well, by myself but with some muscles to help me heft the wood into place), fix the fence, replace the fridge and dishwasher (the fridge has a bad seal and there is also a very bad condensation problem inside and the dishwasher is rusting out). We have to remove and move the rocks at the back of the house and buy some more to fill in. I would also like to remove the bushes at the end of the driveway and put some stuff in there that will be more manageable for me. We also need to get the carpet cleaned, if not replaced but I'm going for cleaned for now. See? It's overwhelming.
Ok. With that complete and total pointless rambling, I'm going to lay down. My head is KILLING me. I've been sick since coming home from work last night and I'm not feeling any better. I'm strictly following WW again (three days running and I've done awesome, thank you) so this may be my body's way of trying to adjust to not eating all the crap I've been eating. But if I stick to plan and lose and maintain a certain amount by my fall quilt retreat, I might be able to get Mike to pay for my retreat as my motivation. We have to work out the details.
Oh, actually I have one more thing to tell you. I'm getting my legs fixed. I had my first appointment with my doctor last week and she referred me to the surgeon, who I saw the next day. Now I have an appointment to have my legs looked at by ultrasound to see where the damage is and then I get to fight with my insurance so they'll cover the surgery. Nothing major, it's an in and out type of thing. And Mom and Aunt Ellie, no they won't strip them. They'll go in and tie off the feeder vein and then remove them. If there are still a lot of problem spots, then they'll put saline in my legs. Sounds like fun, doesn't it? But they're starting to cause me problems and I will feel so much better about myself if I can get this done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment