Monday, October 25, 2010

Quickie

Well, it is Monday morning and I survived Katie's five days off in a row. Ugh. What a stretch of screaming, fighting, crying, coughing, sniffing from runny noses, and general good times. I never thought I would be one of those Moms who couldn't wait for school again in the fall. "How could people wish their kids out of the home for 7 hours a day??" I used to think. Now I get it. I AM sad that my beautiful, sweet little girl is gone for so much of the day. But the peace and quiet and the time that I get with my boys is priceless.

We've finally gotten the kids their Halloween costumes. I would have liked to have made them for the kids again this year but I just didn't have the time, desire, or money. Jack really wanted to be Iron Man and Katie really wanted to be Optimus Prime anyway and since my mad sewing skills aren't quite that mad, we opted to purchase costumes. Pictures to follow, when we take them. Jack is running around the house already wearing his costume. I'm SURE that it will be covered in chocolate, peanut butter, and whatever other messy food items that are eaten in the next week.

We're also gearing up for her birthday party. I cannot believe that my sweet girl is already turning 7. Where has the time flown?? There is a place called Grand Slam a couple of towns over so I think we're going to have her party there. Besides being the place that she chose, it is the least expensive of all the options. Well, it's the least expensive while still giving us the option to bring our own cake. (I can't tell you how much I HATE Walmart cakes when we go to The Blast playground. Yuck.)

Hopefully this year, Jack won't be sick for his birthday so that maybe we can actually have a birthday party for him! I feel bad that Katie has had a party, even small ones, every year but Jack hasn't had even one yet. But the poor kid has been sick for his birthday for 2 out of 3 of his birthdays!

Anyway, I think it's time to zone out on the recliner with the baby. Y'all, I cannot believe how chunky and solid this little boy is already. My mother in law is never going to believe how very much he's changed since her visit in early September. I took the baby to a knitting day at the local yarn shop (LYS) and they couldn't believe how big he got in a single month.

With that, I'm out. PEACE!! (Phineas and Ferb reference.)

No comments: