Sunday, October 4, 2009

Where to start??

Wow. There is so much to tell you. First, I'll continue where I was last week.

On Friday (a little over a week ago now), we all went in to Eagan to have lunch with Mike. While we were there, Mike mentioned that I should take the kids to PetSmart to see the kitties. So I did. There were two kitties that were just the cutest little things. Oh, they were so cute. So I though tI would try and get Mike like he got me. Unfortunately, it backfired. Anyway, so I had Katie call Mike and tell him how cute the kitties were and how much she liked them... To make a long story short, Mike was "reading between the lines" and when I went to work that night, he went to Petsmart. When I went to work, we were a cat-free house. When I got home from work, we had two cats. So far, they are both very sweet and loving. And I think they're going to make me crazy. They especially love to be in my face when I'm trying to do anything. I think knitting is going to become very tough.

This past Wednesday, I crawled my butt out of bed at 7:30a (well, actually I pretty much jumped out because my alarm didn't go off) and I loaded up Gayle's car, and we headed up to Long Prairie for a quilting retreat. Oh my gosh. That was a good time. And I'm very proud of myself because I sat and worked and did very little canvassing of the rom this time. Yes, I still socialized. But I sat and worked. Hard. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot to show you from this retreat. Gayle and Alex both worked like fiends and got so much finished. The projects I had to work on were fussy and were time-consuming.

My Mom's quilt is much cooler than I thought it would be. It looked like it would be really boring but I like it. I have to lay it out and figure out how I want to put it together but the individual blocks are kinds neat. Yes, you can see the music on it but it is really neat. I am not sure what Mom is going to think.

Then I worked on my quilt. Well, actually I think I did mine first but whatever. It doesn't matter. I do like it. But it didn't quite turn out like I'd expected. I'm debating cutting up the second piece of fabric that I have but I just don't think I have it in me. I'm getting a tad bit sick of the One Block quilts. I'm ready to move on to something else. :)

On Friday, we worked on the retreat project. It was a This and That pattern and I doubt that I will ever use one of those patterns again. The project itself is really cute. I mean, adorable. But the supply list isn't specific or complete. The directions are terrible and you end up confused. There was a lovely woman a few rows ahead of us and she was just the sweetest thing. If it wasn't for her and her help, we would not have finished the bags. As it was, I had the wrong zipper and threw a big portion of the bag away. I then had to hunt for someone who had a big enough scrap for me to use to complete it. Then when I was nearly finished with the thing...NINE HOURS LATER...I noticed a big honkin' hole in the side where the seam didn't catch it. Argh. So, I'm going to iron a decorative iron-on over the hole and give the bag to Katie. She said she wants it so I'll give it to her.

Then yesterday, I worked on a project that was sort of my own doing. I saw a pattern once and it gave me an idea. I basically cut out eight inch squares and made three cuts so that I had a triangle. Then I shuffled the fabrics and sewed them back together. The fabrics are a little painful, though. I don't think that I like them right next to each other but I'm not sure. I'm debating putting some black sashing into it to tone down the colors. I'll figure it out.

Today was just for packing and coming home. I was seriously worried that the kids would be just little devils when I got here but they weren't. They were very well-behaved and very sweet. Neither one of them wanted to leave my side!

On that note, I'm seriously tired right now. I tried to upload pics of the cats but for some reason I can't so instead I posted a video of the kids playing baseball. Enjoy.

No comments: