Monday, June 29, 2009

Our week















Well, there isn't a whole lot going on this week. My Mom left a week ago today and we've gotten right back into 'normal', post-Vegas life. Our week has been pretty full and I'm sitting here actually a bit chilly. It is currently 67 degrees outside with a whipping wind (please let my tomatoes survive). Tomorrow is supposed to be cool but sunny and so we've had lovely sleeping weather.

Our baby birds have just all flown away. I'm a little surprised at how quickly birds mature! Good heavens, it was just about a month ago that they hatched and they've already gotten big and strong enough to fly. I think I'll make sure to knock the nest out of the to discourage any more egg laying in there. I'm debating about whether I should put something up there to deter anymore nest building. The swooping and threatening Mom bird wasn't as bad as last year but we did have a week where Katie was too afraid to go into the yard alone. It didn't stop her from terrorizing those birds but whatever.

Oh, and I have blackmail pictures of my favorite neighbor doing a cartwheel. I want to post the very last one in the series so that you can see Katie's amazed face (it's pretty HI-larious) but I'm afraid. See, my neighbor knows where I live. And how to get into my house. And she has this crazy war vet husband. So I'll keep the pics to myself. You can see one of Katie and one of Gavin instead.

There is also a picture of my son stealing Skittles that I didn't know were there out of my bag. And pictures of bubble blowing. And crazy sunscreen hairdo. And of super angry Momma bird, one of what's left of my weed patch/garden, and of the container garden on the patio. I have literally over two dozen blooms on that cucumber plant!! And the last one I'm uploading (which will be the first one you see) is what I found when I walked into my bedroom tonight.

No comments: