Well, we're back. And tired. But it was a major blast and I think everyone had fun. We got to do a lot of stuff and see a lot of things. Check out my photobucket site to see all the pictures. The video that I loaded is of Wes doing his signature handstand on the strip. Too fun. I also got various shots of his handstands in the Luxor and as we were leaving the Luxor. I'm also going to put the picture of his hands after walking on his hands on the strip. Blech.
I got my picture taken with Elvis and then five minutes later, we saw a mini-Elvis. I very badly wanted to take my picture with him but I guess I'm too afraid of making a social gaffe.
We got to see the water show at the Bellagio (really cool...unless you have to really pee...sorry Rick!) and we got to see the Hoover dam. It was dam fine. It was a good dam time. It was dam big, too. Ok. I'll stop now.
Let's see...Mike played some slots and won some money. Then we promptly blew it all on a night on the town. I'd say it was worth it though. The first night there, we rode on the...Hmmm... I don't remember what it was called. It was essentially the Power Tower on the top of the Stratosphere. Which is fine. Except that you're 1100 feet in the air. And then you get SHOT upwards at something like 60 mph. And when you hit the top of the tower, it SHOVES you back downwards so you are essentially freefalling. You do not feel the seat under you. You do not feel the restraints over your shoulders. You feel yourself falling. And no matter how strong of heart you are, you are terrified. I love thrill rides. Just love them. And I got off this thing weak-kneed and shaking like a leaf. The picture we got is HI-larious. I didn't want to look at the camera because I knew I'd look like a doof. Instead, I look like I have 37 chins. Mike is looking at the sky like he's looking for proof of life from other planets. And the two guys who were on the ride with us were even funnier!! I think they both wet their pants. I screamed like a little girl. I'll admit it.
We went to MGM Grand and saw the live lion's there. They have 37 different lions that they rotate out in the habitat and I was taking pictures of them. With every picture, Jeri was standing behind me cooing to the lions. If you listen, you can probably hear her in the video!
Some funny stories and I'm off to bed. First, Katie was on the phone with my Mom the day before she got here and Katie was just talking about random things. She was coughing and I suppose my Mom asked if Katie had a cold. Katie responds "No, it's just my allergies. I'm allergic to what I'm allergic to". I didn't know she was Yogi Berra. So then I listed the stuff she's allergic to and she says "I'm allergic to dogs, cats, horses, and bunnies" and I corrected her and told her that she isn't allergic to horses and bunnies. She says "Mom, I am allergic to horses and bunnies. Now just let me talk".
A few minutes later she says "Mom, cover your ears. I don't want you to hear this" so I pretended to cover my ears. She proceeds to tell my Mom "When I was a baby, I drank milk out of my Mommy's boobie but she doesn't like me to tell people that".
Last one. Tonight, I decided to treat my Mom to Cold Stone Creamery and we were on the way. Katie says "Grammy, you HAVE to try the cotton candy ice cream because it's my favorite. It's DELICIOUS. You try a little spoonful. If you like it, your mouth smiles and then you like it. If you don't like it, then you make this face (insert sour expression here) and then you don't like it".
And just so you don't think I've forgotten about him, Jack was SUPER thrilled to see Mikey when we walked in the door. He sat on Mike's lap for fifteen straight minutes before even caring that I was in the room. I suppose that's fair after all the years of Katie's super love.
The pictures... That's me and Mikey at the Hoover Dam. It was dam fine...Ok ok! I'll stop! Then there is a picture of the Stratosphere and the tower of death and terror way off in the distance. Then you can see two different shots of our hotel (New York New York...really cool place) and a shot of the welcome sign at the airport. There is also a picture of Mike straddling the border between Nevada and Arizona. He really wanted that picture so the caption could read "Look. My ass is so big that one cheek is an hour behind the other!" P.s. It was dam hot at the dam. Yes, that is the last dam joke.

No comments:
Post a Comment