So then on Wednesday, Mike went golfing with his Nana, cousin, and sister. Before he went, we took the kids to the trout farm because Katie was begging to go fishing. We started out in the "small" pond which just meant the fish were smaller. At first, we got no bites. And then right before Mike had to leave to go golf, we got our first fish. Oh, Katie was so excited! After that, it was very easy to catch them and once we got five
Then on Thursday we took the boat ride tour of the actual Dells. For those who don't know (and I didn't), the Dells are actually the rocks along the river. H. H. Bennett was a photographer way back when and he floated up and down the river taking pictures along the way. I'm NOT sure of this but I think he was the one who named the rock formations. They had Witch's Gulch, Romance Cliff, Sugar Bowl, and more. They were very interesting and I liked hearing the trivia. For example, the rock is so soft, you could grab a handful from the cliffs and crumble it in your hand. But our tour guide didn't recommend doing so. I didn't take pictures on this because I was feeling a little sea sick.
Friday we went back to the pottery place and
Saturday was the day we went to Waterworld park. That was the best park for the kids to go to.
I'll tell you about the rest of the trip in tomorrow's post. I'm all proud of myself for blogging two nights in a row! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment