Well, while on vacation in the Dells, I finally finished my very first for-me sweater. /insert

applause here/ I am so proud of myself! All I have to do is weave in those loose ends and sew down the overlap at the bottom of the V. It's pretty chilly today so I'm really wishing I had done that already. I'm loving it and I can't wait to wear it. It seems that I have a bad case of unfinish-itis, though. I have all these things that just need a tiny bit of finishing to be all done and I can't quite bring myself to do it. Hmmm. I blame the boringness of the finishing. It isn't my fault. If the finishing could just try a little harder to hold my interest, everything would be good but nooooo. It has to be all boring and mundane.
I also started another project, which is my first ever lace-like item. The pattern is written to make it a scarf but I'm making it big enough that it will be more like a wrap when I'm done. When it is all knit and washed, I have to block it, or stretch it out and let it dry that way, which will open up the pattern so you can see it.

I've had to rip it out so many times and the picture you see here is not how far I am in the pattern because I tried to watch a movie while knitting and the result was a trip to the frog pond: rip-it, rip-it, rip-it. But I do feel like I've got a pretty good grasp on the pattern now. I'm still making mistakes but nothing so major that I can't fix them. As soon as I get more done than what is pictured here, I'll take another photo and then you can see my purty stitch markers. By the way, this isn't the bestest picture. In fact, I think I have the wrong side showing now that I look at it closer so you can't really truly see the pattern. Better pictures are coming, I promise. Mikey has the camera, though, so none this weekend.
Katie starts kindergarten not this coming week but the following. Ugh. I cannot believe that my baby is old enough for school. I can still clearly remember holding her in the hospital and being afraid to let her out of my sight!! It isn't too bad, though. She's only going half-day and that's not much different than her preschool class from last year. I'm not too concerned. Next year, when she starts first grade, will be awful for me.
The bigger news, though, is that she has a loose tooth. Not only is it loose but the new tooth is already pushing through her gums.

She is uber-excited and we've gotten the stuff to make her tooth pillow. We've gotten it decorated and we only need to put it all together now. I never knew about teeth pillows until I moved out here but they are brilliant! With this, the tooth fairy won't need to fumble around looking for a little tissue wrapped under Katie's pillow.
Jack also wanted to show you his teeth.

I don't think he quite gets it, huh? Still cute.
Lastly, I leave you with a picture of my babes on the couch together. These moments of joyful peace and togetherness are quite infrequent

around here so I try to capture them for posterity when they DO happen.
Happy weekend.
Edited to correct unintentional spelling errors.
No comments:
Post a Comment