Friday, August 21, 2009

First...the Dells











Well, I was going to make cookies but someone forgot to get the butter out for me. That's cool, though. I don't NEED the cookies and had just wanted to play with my new cookie press. Anyway, I have about three weeks worth of stuff to catch you up on. So I'll start by talking about our vacation.

Most of you already know that we went to the Dells. It was a lot of fun. We started off by going on Saturday and stopping by the air show that was happening in...uh...Hmm. I'm not sure now that I think about it. But it was HUGE!!! There was a C-5, which held quite a bit of our interest, as well as an F-16. Mike about cried when he saw that we could climb up and look inside the thing. We waited in line for nearly an hour to do just that. And I will have you know that up until that point, Jack was having NOTHING to do with any of the aircraft. Would not go near them for love or cookie.

Jeff Dunham was also there that night and we tried to stay for the show but it was late, the kids couldn't have cared less, and if you've seen Jeff Dunham, you know that his puppets have some serious potty mouths. He started out with Walter and he's the worst one! (Yes, I realize I'm talking about the puppets like it's THEIR fault.)

Then we spent Sunday traveling to the Dells where we had planned to visit the Circus Museum but we were sooooo tired from the night before when Jack refused to sleep in the same room with us. Mike didn't feel like bringing in the pack n play, which is fine, but I'm the one who suffered because my hubby can (and has) sleep through a tornado. So I got to deal with a 2 year old boy thinking that it was amusing to tickle Mommy at 2a. We decided at the last minute not to go to the Museum and to just meet up with Mike's family and get our stuff into a room and maybe nap.

The next day was to be my pottery day. I wanted to take Katie to play with some clay while I threw some pots on the pottery wheel. Can I tell you how fun that was? And it was very therapeutic. Before we left the house for this excursion, my brother called and gave me the news about my Dad so this little diversion was completely necessary. Mom Dowd and Stacy came with and it was just what I needed. Plus I ended up with three very neat personal pots that I made myself. We also have a couple of things that we painted that day, among them some tiles that say "Live life fully every day".

Then on Tuesday we went to Mount Olympus Waterpark. It was a lot of fun but also disappointing because we had to pay the full fee for Katie and she could go on nearly nothing. Out of all the slide and rides, there were only about five total that she could ride. We sneaked her on the roller coaster and she LOVED it. I seem to recall someone else who, at around five years old, loved the roller coasters but could not ride them due to height restrictions. Oh yeah, that was me. The kids were able to play in the kids' area though so they still really enjoyed themselves.

More on the trip tomorrow. I'm starting to wear out and I have a long weekend ahead of me.

No comments: