Halloween did happen for us although Jack

was not at his healthiest.

And he would absolutely NOT wear his costume. So at every door I went to I said "his monkey costume is there in the bottom of the stroller. He won't wear it". But Katie loved her clown costume and she was the last one standing as far as trick or treat goes. We didn't get near as much candy as last year which is way more than ok with me. Last year's candy just got thrown away a couple of months ago. Jack's eaten everything he got, though.
Our annual Halloween party at the Hoel's house was pretty fun but I have no pictures. Mike and I were going to wear togas but I don't like anything that exposes my legs so I didn't do it. Mike took the stuff but then didn't put it on. One of the guys (Wes) was very creative and put oregano around his head. He was fragrant. :)
Then last week I was surfing online looking at spinning wheels that were for sale. I had NO

intention of buying a wheel. They are expensive. And I was making due with the spindle. I didn't love it but it was getting the job done. Then I found a spinning wheel on Craigslist for practically free!! Ok. It wasn't free. But if you consider that the minimum price for a brand new wheel is $450, this was a steal. The picture showed a very light colored wheel and she said that she's barely used it so I found someone on Ravelry to go with me and check it out. It was a very good wheel and so Mike bought it for me for Christmas. I am in love. I love it so much that I want to marry it. Ok, well, except for the not being human and the I-already-have-a-husband parts.
Do you see what I have on that wheel? How much I have spun? That's my first ever


attempt. AND that is just about as much as there is on that spindle...which took me a week and a half to make. I'm about peeing myself. Now I just need to buy some more bobbins for it (it's an Ashford Traditional...I think, and I can get standard bobbins for it at yarn.com) and a niddy noddy and I'm set. The niddy noddy isn't NECESSARY at this point but it will make skeining finished yarn a breeze. I am so excited. I think I'm going to make myself a pair of slipper socks with these yarns. Ok, two pairs. I couldn't wear non-matching socks.
Then it was time for Katie's birthday on Sunday.



I'm pretty sure that she and Jack had a blast. Once they gave her that balloon hat, she wouldn't take it off. And it was nearly impossible to keep Jack off the lanes so I think he might have enjoyed it too. In fact, the first thing he said upon waking on Monday morning is "I had fun, Mommy".
Katie has played with just about everything she's gotten so far. The little iPod has been used every night before bed. The first night she wouldn't fall asleep because she was listening to it but last night went a bit better.
The pirate set is a big hit. She's currently behind me playing with it. The first thing I heard was "Oh, I got eaten by a shark...arrr". Then I hear "Shark, get him! Skeleton sandwich"! There have been quite a few gems coming from her.
The pillow pets are a major hit. She was leaping happily around the house for a full ten minutes exclaiming her love and appreciation for the pillow pet. She's trying to acquire Jack's monkey pillow but so far I won't let her.
I think I've caught you up. I'm trying to blog more often but I haven't been keeping up. Sorry. I'll try harder. :)
2 comments:
What an awesome job you are doing on the spinning! and your kids are so darn cute!
Why, thank you. I'm loving this wheel. And the kids aren't too bad eitehr. :) Thanks for the compliments.
Post a Comment