Holy cow!




I can't even believe that I forgot to tell you about hockey! Monday was our first hockey practice and Katie FINALLY got all of her equipment. They give the kids everything except their sticks. Katie got to pick out a blue stick and blue tape for the top and the blade so she was happy. They also gave her a blue helmet which went over very well with her. She's on one of the girls' orange teams and she's number 13. Another girl who wasn't even on the team was arguing with her for that jersey and I was trying not to get irritated with her. She literally followed Katie all around the locker room telling her "you have to give that back, that's my jersey, when practice is over, you have to give that tome, #13 is mine, when you're done, you need to give that to me, you can't keep that, that's my jersey, don't forget to give that back..." and on and on.
Anyway, there was A LOT of falling. There was a lot of getting up. There was a lot of learning. And there was a lot of smiling. When we came off the ice I asked if she wanted to come back and she said "after I learn to skate"!
I'm so proud of her. She didn't take to it easily but she didn't give up. She kept right on trying and that's all I can ask of her. That's our girl! By the end, she was standing up on her own and the coach was working with her to get her on her feet. Mike and I are thinking of getting skates for ourselves so we can take her skating outside of the practices. Right now her biggest complaint is being wet afterwards.
No comments:
Post a Comment