Monday, November 23, 2009

yarn, yarn, Wii, hockey, and yarn



It's been awhile and there isn't much to tell you about.

This past weekend I hosted what is called a yarn tasting. A bunch of us got together and sampled a bunch of different yarns from a company in CA. Now, this sounds weird and it kinda is. But if you knit or crochet, you don't want to use a fiber that you've never touched and to buy stuff off the internet is, at the very best, risky. So this company sends out these huge kits of samples and has you knit up swatches of their yarn in the hopes that you'll fall in love with the stuff and order some. I'm not sure how it worked because no one contacted me about a group order but that's still ok.

I just went to post pictures from it but realized that I never uploaded them. I will have to share them next time.

Katie has decided that she doesn't like hockey because she falls and gets wet. It isn't a problem that she falls. No. She's mad because she gets wet. She's been sick for the past two practices so I have no progress to report to you.

Katie and Mike have also been going pretty crazy with the Wii lately. Mike rented some games and that's pretty much all the two of them have been doing for the past three days. Jack doesn't quite get it yet but he loves to watch his sister play.

Lastly, I made my very first skein of yarn and I can't wait to knit a hat out of it. I have sixty projects to do so that hat is somewhere on that list. I'm about 2/3 done with that big lace wrappy thing I'm making and I just put some socks on the needles. I only put the socks on the needles because I realized as I was heading out to the movies last night that I didn't have any plain knitting that I could take and do in the near dark. I didn't get far enough on them that I could take them anyway but now I'm doomed. I have two projects on the needles and I don't know which one will get abandoned. But my first skein is done and I love it!

I think that's it. I'm turning off the computer for the day so I'll check messages tonight after work. I had 11 hours total in the past two weeks. This week alone I have nearly 24 hours. I'm so confused.

1 comment:

Mulderknitter said...

Sorry I couldn't make the yarn tasting!
Your yarn looks lovely! Great job!