Today is Tuesday and I don't have much for you. Just some random stuff.
Katie is selling cookie dough for her kindergarten, which I think is somewhat stupid. If she joins Girl Scouts this year, then we'll get excited about cookies. But this is frozen cookie dough and I'm not so into the idea. The fundraiser form was one of the first things that they handed out at the orientation meeting and it put me a bit on the defensive. I can't even imagine being one of the parents who are paying an arm and a leg for their kid to go to school full time and being asked to schill for the school. Anyway, if you want cookie dough, let me know. If you're interested in just contributing to the school, let me know that too. I think that's the route we'll take.
I've also started getting ready for my quilting retreat. The fabric is currently in the dryer


awaiting a good, hard starching. I plan to start cutting tomorrow, hopefully. The red music is for my Mom (whose only response was "I like the red but I'm not crazy about the music". Sigh. lol) and the blue planet one is for my aunt. The multi-colored music one is just fabulous, is for me, and I can't wait to start making the One Block Wonder quilts with all of these fabrics. Essentially, that pattern is a kaleidoscope pattern and it is really neat. Hopefully I'll have some really cool quilt tops to show you in about two and a half weeks. I can't believe retreat is that close! But I'm

really super excited.

My camera is NOT picking up the colors in these fabrics correctly. You're seeing some weird shadowy things going on and the bar music isn't as stark as in the picture. The flash really picks that up and makes it stand out when it really is more in the background.
We're still working on trying to teach Katie some supplemental stuff here at home for school. I'm

actually not all that worried. She's starting to learn some sight words and she can print all of her alphabet and numbers. We're working on some science things and I think that we're going to

wait for it to start cooling down just a hair before we head to the zoo to pick out an animal to do some research on. That sounds a lot more advanced than it is but I just mean that we're going to find out where it lives and look at that on the map (social studies), find out what it eats, and so on. We've already worked on things that are alive and not alive and what makes them so. We've already talked about how all things that are alive are either a plant or an animal. She's doing remarkably. I'm very proud of her.
Anyway, that's all I have for today. If you have any kind of schooling ideas, please pass them along. I'm very open to ways of teaching her new things without incurring huge expenses. I think we're going to start talking about the seasons and, in turn, time (math). Wish me luck!
Oh, and if you're wondering what happened to my latest knitting project, I'm still working diligently although I'm not good at photographing it.

Believe me when I tell you that it is way more gorgeous than you can see in this picture. The blues are fabulous and it is soft as a baby's bottom. I'm thinking that Jack is going to end up stealing it which is actually fine. It means a.) he has very good taste, b.) maybe he'll stop waving my undies around, and c.) he finally has something that his Mommy made that he can call his own.
I must go now. I'm being assaulted by a boy who wants the batteries changed in his electronic piano NOW!! Have a lovely day!
No comments:
Post a Comment