




Well, I'm home. Don't you know, the kids got whiny the second I walked through the door. I was a little surprised to see one of the neighborhood stray kids in my house when I walked in. It was worse when I was awakened from my nap to the sound of my garage door slamming and then my front door slamming. Repeatedly. Apparently we picked up a bunch more strays. Katie was having a party and we had no idea! Locking the gate doesn't help. They just open the garage and come streaming in. Thank god we don't have a garage code or we'd have hundreds of kids helping themselves to our home! Sheesh.
My weekend was a lot of fun. Exhausting and sometimes a little strange but it was great. I'm really excited that it feels like things are getting more normal between everyone again. We had three new attendees this time and it was a lot of fun. It was a bit tighter than usual (duh, of course!!) but it wasn't any problem at all. I think that the absolute toughest thing to deal with was trying to find a temperature in the work room that all of us could live with!!! It was always really hot for some and really cold for others. But we all survived and we had some good times and a couple of laughs.
I got more projects done on this retreat than I have ever gotten done. Both of the previous times, I would do a lot of sitting and staring into space but this time I buckled down and got working. I finished a pumpkin door hanging, a Halloween table runner, and Christmas table runner, my mystery project, and my purple guitar kaleidescope quilt. I might have attempted something else today but I was so overtired that I was crying at the drop of the hat (or pin in all of our cases!). So, it was just easier to pack up and hit the road.
Well, I think that's all I have to share at this point. Still tired and I'm hoping to make up for the sleep I missed last night. I slept well all the other nights but last night I was feeling the pressure and the deadline so I stayed up longer than I should have. Let me know what you think of the quilts!!
My weekend was a lot of fun. Exhausting and sometimes a little strange but it was great. I'm really excited that it feels like things are getting more normal between everyone again. We had three new attendees this time and it was a lot of fun. It was a bit tighter than usual (duh, of course!!) but it wasn't any problem at all. I think that the absolute toughest thing to deal with was trying to find a temperature in the work room that all of us could live with!!! It was always really hot for some and really cold for others. But we all survived and we had some good times and a couple of laughs.
I got more projects done on this retreat than I have ever gotten done. Both of the previous times, I would do a lot of sitting and staring into space but this time I buckled down and got working. I finished a pumpkin door hanging, a Halloween table runner, and Christmas table runner, my mystery project, and my purple guitar kaleidescope quilt. I might have attempted something else today but I was so overtired that I was crying at the drop of the hat (or pin in all of our cases!). So, it was just easier to pack up and hit the road.
Well, I think that's all I have to share at this point. Still tired and I'm hoping to make up for the sleep I missed last night. I slept well all the other nights but last night I was feeling the pressure and the deadline so I stayed up longer than I should have. Let me know what you think of the quilts!!
Oh, and the little cutie pie? Some random kid who showed up our last day of sewing. Gayle felt bad for him and gave him some brownie, cookie and milk. If I had more room, I'd post the pictures of Judy chasing him all over in an attempt to chase him away. Ok, not really. It's Gavin. LOL!

No comments:
Post a Comment