Thursday, September 18, 2008

We're in the A.M. preschool class!!! Yay!



Well, Katie has thankfully been moved to the morning preschool class. Thank goodness. Waiting until 1p and then waking him up a half hour before he was ready was just not working for us. And for those who want to do the math, he'd sometimes wake up around 6a and then have to wait until 1p for a nap. Yup, that's seven hours for my little baby to wait for a nap. Needless to say, by then Jack was a bear. So hopefully this will work out better for us. He won't get to bed way significantly earlier but we won't have to wake him up. Plus, I can spend some time with him while she's in school.

I'm working on cutting the fabric for my retreat projects. So far, I have one full kit cut. Yippee. :) But to be fair, I was working on it today when I realized that I didn't have enough fabric for my big Halloween door hanging. So, I took Thing 1 and Thing 2 to the quilt shop and have never been so embarassed. Just this past year I had written to the owner of the shop to tell her how I'd bring my kids into the store and my oldest would head right to the toy area while my youngest would sit in my arms or in the car seat. Neither would make any noise or trouble but yet all the staff would glare at them and me. I never felt that they were deserved because they were always so very good. Well, not today. They were running around the store, screeching, knocking things over. I was so embarassed. And people wonder why I don't take them out with me. It was very similar at the yarn store I tried to visit last week but I hadn't sent a long message to that owner telling them how good my kids were and how they didn't deserve dirty looks!! Well, they do now and I won't be taking them back to those stores with me for a very very very long time (read: never).

Well, it's off to bed for me. And I can't believe I'm saying that since it's only 9:47p. But I have a house cleaning job and then I work tomorrow. These days are always really tough but I'm hoping that I'll get the cleaning done early enough to allow me a break before heading to my other job. Since I have to get up with Katie, that should be the push I need.

No comments: