This weekend has been a lot of working for me and there's more working to come. So Mike's had the kids pretty much himself so far and tomorrow won't be any different. He's absolutely awesome, though. I don't know how but he takes care of them and then also gets tons done around the house.
Jack is just picking things up like a big walking sponge! It seems like every day he's making more and more approximations of words. His favorite phrase is "hey bay-bee" and he'll also say "hey puppy" while he lets the dog lap water off of his hands (which he gets by dipping his hand into her water dish...Mmm...sanitary!). This is going to start making Katie nuts but he's also starting to copy everything she says. He doesn't have the words yet but he has the intonation. We were in the car and we were trying to show Katie how ridiculous it is when she completely over-reacts when he just touches her. I'd barely brush his leg and Mike would start shouting and fake crying. Well, he'd stop and Jack would make the same exact sound! He'll also sing the tune for ABC's if you get him started. Sometimes in the morning when he's entertaining himself, you can hear him singing the ABC's to himself.
Speaking of singing, Aunt Trish gave us a couple of CD's that Evan used to love as a kid and Katie is already starting to sing the songs. She also sings "Walk Away" from Kelly Clarkson. When she loses the words or tune, she just starts making up her own stuff. Quite amusing.
In other completly unrelated news, my big question is whether or not I should try the medical transcription program. I am completely on the fence about it because of all the normal questions; will I like it? Will I be good at it? Can we afford it? Will I make enough money after finishing the program to make it worth it? Can I work from home and be self-directed and disciplined enough to do it? On the other hand, though, I keep telling myself that I can work at it long enough to finish my degree and then I can move on to something else. As long as I actually commit to working at it and continuing to do it for as long as it takes and not giving up entirely on it. I can do anything I put my mind to. I know that. I'm worried about whether I'll end up hating it and wasting yet more money.
By the way, the pictures in the previous blogs are: Katie's first day of her second year of school, Jack's bruise (on the second or third day since he got it), and the projects I'm taking/I've cut out for my retreat. The one that isn't in a bag (the purple, pink, and blue one) is the mystery that Gayle is running. I'm really anxious to see how it will turn out...
Ok. It's off to bed for me. I have to work tomorrow 12-6. That's not a ton of hours but it is when you're standing on a hard floor all day! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment