Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Apple picking

Weeeellll... We finally went apple picking and I forgot my camera. It works out, though, because there is no way I would have been able to take pictures while herding two kids. So, we'll have to go with Daddy on Friday and get some pictures.

Katie was bugging so hard about going in to pet the animals. She somehow thought that we'd be going in the pen with the animals. Not if I was dragged in there by wild horses I tell you. They get aggressive when there are palmfuls of feed hanging around. She fed them two quarters worth and then was bored. But she did enjoy picking the apples. She wanted so badly to pick a pumpkin but who woulda thunk that a pumpkin would be so darned heavy! I told her that if she could carry her own pumpkin, then she could take one. We came back pumpkin-less. But we did pick a bunch of red raspberries 'for Daddy'. Funny how half of Daddy's berries never even made it home!

Jack really enjoyed the hay ride. The guy driving the tractor had a real need for speed and we zipped around that orchard so fast.... We were kicking up major dust clouds. I had poor Jack in a death grip! But he also enjoyed feeding the animals. They are surprisingly good with the kids. They don't nip AT ALL. But they are slobbery and a bit snotty. Ew. But Jack giggled so much when one of the animals licked feed out of our hands. He also sampled a couple of berries. Apparently they squished better for him than they tasted.

Sorry I forgot the camera. We were rushed getting out of the house. The boy slept late for his nap and we didn't even get on the way until quarter until 5 and they close at 6. Then we got stuck in traffic on the way. But we had a good time for that one hour.

No comments: