

This is our first blog so, um, welcome. I thought this would be a good way to keep everyone updated on how the kids are doing along with the pictures on Photobucket which I stink at keeping up to date!!
Today we went to the zoo to see dolphins, bears, and sharks. Katie was trying so hard to touch the sharks in the tank in Discovery Bay but they just kept swimming just out of reach. She was so disappointed and asked if we could go back again so she could try again. She had been asking all day to go see the dolphins but once she saw that she was allowed to touch the sharks, the dolphins were quickly forgotten.
Jack did very well at the zoo. He sat so quietly and just rode in the double stroller next to Katie. When Katie got out to see an animal, he wanted to see as well. But as soon as she climbed back into her seat, so did he. They were both very very good today for me.
We got to see a sleeping tiger, swimming otters, a very seemingly friendly grizzly bear, a couple of different types of leopards, a puma/cougar/mountain lion, a bald eagle, and lots and lots of other animals. I was really excited to learn that one of the dolphins is pregnant and is expecting next spring. We'll have to be sure to go visit again to meet the baby.
Katie opted to skip her gymnastics lesson today and I let her do it. "Mom" she said, "the class is too long. I stand there and wait and wait". I was already thinking this and debating changing her out of this team class since the attendance was HUGE but now I know what I'll do.
I'm also looking to change her preschool time. If we cannot get her into the morning class, I may have to pull her out of the program all the way and look for another program. Having her in the afternoon class is not working for Jack. His schedule is more than turned upside down and depending on when he wakes up, sometimes he has to wait seven hours for a nap. Seven hours is a bit long for an 18 month old to wait for a nap!
Jack got another bruise and cut on his face today. Katie was trying to move him away from the TV and I suppose she tried a little too forcefully. She smacked his face off the TV stand and he has a cut and bruise over his right eyebrow and down to his cheekbone. Is this much violence normal for a child her age??
To end on a high, happy note, I finished Katie's sweater last night. It took me eight days to knit it from start to finish, including weaving in the ends of the yarn. I'm so excited! And I have guaranteed a week solid of nice, warm weather. :O) Doesn't it just figure?? LOL! I will post pictures as soon as I download them.
I think that's all for now. Please make sure you tell me what you think about my new blog! I created it to help keep you more up to date with us and the kids than emails. My intention is to post here once or twice weekly. See you soon!
Today we went to the zoo to see dolphins, bears, and sharks. Katie was trying so hard to touch the sharks in the tank in Discovery Bay but they just kept swimming just out of reach. She was so disappointed and asked if we could go back again so she could try again. She had been asking all day to go see the dolphins but once she saw that she was allowed to touch the sharks, the dolphins were quickly forgotten.
Jack did very well at the zoo. He sat so quietly and just rode in the double stroller next to Katie. When Katie got out to see an animal, he wanted to see as well. But as soon as she climbed back into her seat, so did he. They were both very very good today for me.
We got to see a sleeping tiger, swimming otters, a very seemingly friendly grizzly bear, a couple of different types of leopards, a puma/cougar/mountain lion, a bald eagle, and lots and lots of other animals. I was really excited to learn that one of the dolphins is pregnant and is expecting next spring. We'll have to be sure to go visit again to meet the baby.
Katie opted to skip her gymnastics lesson today and I let her do it. "Mom" she said, "the class is too long. I stand there and wait and wait". I was already thinking this and debating changing her out of this team class since the attendance was HUGE but now I know what I'll do.
I'm also looking to change her preschool time. If we cannot get her into the morning class, I may have to pull her out of the program all the way and look for another program. Having her in the afternoon class is not working for Jack. His schedule is more than turned upside down and depending on when he wakes up, sometimes he has to wait seven hours for a nap. Seven hours is a bit long for an 18 month old to wait for a nap!
Jack got another bruise and cut on his face today. Katie was trying to move him away from the TV and I suppose she tried a little too forcefully. She smacked his face off the TV stand and he has a cut and bruise over his right eyebrow and down to his cheekbone. Is this much violence normal for a child her age??
To end on a high, happy note, I finished Katie's sweater last night. It took me eight days to knit it from start to finish, including weaving in the ends of the yarn. I'm so excited! And I have guaranteed a week solid of nice, warm weather. :O) Doesn't it just figure?? LOL! I will post pictures as soon as I download them.
I think that's all for now. Please make sure you tell me what you think about my new blog! I created it to help keep you more up to date with us and the kids than emails. My intention is to post here once or twice weekly. See you soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment