Friday, October 3, 2008

Orchards Take II












Yay!! We finally got around to the apple orchard...with a camera!! Actually, we had two but only one was digital. I can't wait to develop the film from my other camera. I think I got some great shots. But on to tell you about it...
Katie had school this morning and then we went to Pizza Hut for lunch. Not surprisingly, neither child ate all that much. But we liked it. Hmmph. Then it was back home for some naps. Mommy and Jack both needed some sleep although Mommy shouldn't stay up so late to necessitate that!
This time, we all woke up in plenty of time to go and it helps that the orchard was open an hour later than on Wednesday. We took a short hay ride and picked out some pie pumpkins. I think Katie enjoyed it more than Jack did. Then we went and played at the playground and pet and fed the animals. Jack giggles so hard when the animals lick his hands. Mike tried really hard but we just couldn't get his wide smile on film. By the end of the day, he was grabbing the feed and giving it to the goats on his own. One of the goats was hyper-aggressive with the other animals and I was trying to shoo him away. I didn't want to take a chance with an aggressive animal.
We didn't actually pick any apples this time since we still have a huge pile of honeycrisp. We also don't have any new raspberries since Mike and Katie didn't eat the other ones. But our day was still pretty full. Both kids really enjoyed the day and we capped it off by getting some apple donuts and then dinner at Culver's. MMmmm..gourmet. I was sorry I hadn't taken a camera in there because Jack just dug into his ice cream with fervor!
Katie says her favorite part of today was Jack laughing and the sheep was going *chomp chomp* and the sheep made him laugh and he went *laugh laugh*. And I quote. Jack seems to really enjoy the hayrides, too. It's hard to ask him, though. But he has picked up a new song. He sings the tune for "Crying" by Roy Orbison. It's something since I don't know where he's picked it up!
Enjoy the pictures.

No comments: