






















Ok, well, to be fair, they were actually very well-behaved but I should start from the beginning.
Yesterday, Good Friday, I decided to take my two lovely children to the Minnesota Zoo to see the Farm Babies. This is good times to be had by all...unless all the schools in the state are closed and all the kids in said schools are running freely through the streets like the bulls at Pamplona. Well, apparently all the parents of said kids released from said schools thought it would be a good idea to bring/drop off their kids at the Minnesota Zoo on this particular Friday. I have never experienced such a crowd at th zoo in my life! All the parking lots were full and the strollers were all rented...to people pushing teenagers in strollers, by what I was able to determine from what I saw (no, I'm not kidding, yes, I'm sure they were teens are at least preteens--many of the girls were gaining their womanly figures, if you know what I mean). So here I am struggling with two youngs kids while I watch several women walk past me with their teenagers in the strollers. I should have taken this as a sign. The good news is that I DID get to procure a stroller and it was a godsend. My kids are so much better behaved when they are in the stroller. And once Katie gets in, Jack trips over himself to get into the stroller too.
I gave Katie the camera and, with the exception of a few shots, she took all the pictures yesterday. Apparently the most interesting thing to her was the butts that were all around her and the ground. She got a couple of really good shots. There is one of the moose and one of the pig that I think was really good. She tried to get the blue heron statues and she tried to get one of the goose egg that was on the ground. She didn't do too badly but they aren't awesome pictures.
Both kids are currently outside with Daddy picking up doggy poo. Lucky them. But I'm hoping to have a clean yard so that we can do an Easter egg hunt outside tomorrow. It is supposed to be gorgeous all weekend and next week so I'm working to get the kids outside as much as we can. The weather is most definitely warming up (YAY!) but it still can be pretty chilly, especially if the wind is blowing. But we're expected to be in the fifties this week so Wahoo!!
Ok. I have too much to do to continue sitting here. Enjoy the pics of "The Zoo as Documented by Katie".

No comments:
Post a Comment