Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Still not much

I was on fire with the sewing and I think the fire may have burned really low if it didn't go out. Bummer. I have my quilt top sitting and waiting to be put together and then I went and got the binding for some of the stuff that's been sitting and languishing here at my house. I think I'm going to force myself to work on them, though. What good is quilting if I don't finish anything? So I have Jack's quilt to bind, a sampler quilt from about three years ago to bind, my Quilts of Valor quilt to bind, and I have some borders to put on several quilts. And then I have a buttload of quilting to do.

I'm debating hard with myself on whether I should take a longarm class at a local shop. The initial class is really expensive ($150) but I would learn how to completely load, set up, and use this machine and then I also get something like four hours one on one with an instructor which would be worth it. Then I'd be allowed to use the machine on a rent by hour basis for finishing my quilts. This is going to sound ridiculous but I feel like I'd be cheating on Gayle and her machine!!!!! :) So, if I take this longarm class, would it sound like I'm only using Gayle's machine for the quilts that aren't 'special' enough? But on the other hand, with Dave coming home in a few short weeks (YAY!!!), I'm sure that she wouldn't be too happy with me begging her to use her machine weekend after weekend.

I seriously have a LOT of tops that need to be quilted...without giving it ANY thought, I have five that I can think of from the top of my head. Actually it is 7 or 8 and I didn't even dig through to see what I'm forgetting...and I am forgetting something. I'm also nervous to use the longarm because I will fall in love with this thing and we have no room for a quilt machine forget the thought of affording it.

Anyway, I got myself some borders for the mystery quilt Gayle ran at retreat. I went to Fabric Town in Apple Valley and one of the employees helped me pick out some really cool (although really neon green) fabric. And then she wouldn't sell me enough for my project because she needed it for kits. I can't help but wonder why on earth she pointed the fabric out to me in the first place but whatever. I found something that I think is cooler anyway. I hope.

Speaking of Dave, he got the hat I knit him and even though it's 100 degrees during the day, he wears it at night. I'm really glad he likes it and I'm even more glad that it fits. But Dave, I'm not going to accept the blame for you staying in bed too long to get up and IM with Gayle. Nope. That's all you, buddy! (But thanks for saying your hat is that cozy.)

Well, I think my blankets are done washing so I need to get them into the dryer or I'll be awake until 2:30a waiting for them. I actually want to get to bed at a decent time tonight so I'll go take care of them now. Have a good night.

2 comments:

Hannan Family said...

BAH. You can use my machine any time I am not useing it....I have a feeling that Dave and I will be doing lots of traveling this summer....to the lake...or cheese country....up north???
And having you use the machine makes me not feel bad when I asks you to dog sit....

Glen said...

Now, why would I sit on your dog?? That's just mean! I mean, really! :)