Saturday, April 25, 2009

Super fast

Katie says she doesn't like gymnastics and doesn't want to do it anymore. So I think we'll be done with gymnastics at the end of May. I told her she had to hang in until my birthday so that she had more time to gauge whether she was upset about something that happened on a particular day or if this is a true dislike. I hate to admit it but I really am disappointed. But I have to remember that my disappointment stems from my lack of experiences with gymnastics. See, I wanted to be a gymnast in the worst way but it just wasn't an option for me as a kid. So I put her in the classes thinking that she would love it and that she would just want to do it. Well, she doesn't and I have to remember that I want to push her just a little to see if this is just a phase and not to push her because I'm the one who wanted to do gymnastics and now she is in my place. I'm really tired. I know what I'm trying to say and I think I'm failing. So, I'm sad but I think gymnastics may be winding down.

On the other hand, this opens up space for things like karate and Girl Scouts. The former is one that I'm fairly confident that she'll like and the latter is one that I wanted to put her in and if she likes it, cool. If not, no worries. We'll see. I think over the summer we'll explore the possibility of swimming lessons and possibly cheerleading classes. Yeah, I know. Cheerleading??? Really?? Blah. But she might like it. Who knows? My luck, she'll love it and that's what she'll want to stick with.

Ok. I can barely keep my eyes open. Bed time. G'night.

No comments: