Sunday, April 12, 2009
Why am I still awake?
Because I'm a glutton for punishment, that's why. It is currently 1:30 am and tomorrow is Easter. The kids' baskets are sitting behind me and waiting patiently for the kids in the morning. Which reminds me that I'd better be sure that the dog is actually locked in her room for the night. Mike is in bed and patiently waiting for me. Quite patiently, actually, since he is completely and blissfully asleep. But yet here I am, sitting here typing to you, my loyal readers. Why? Why am I sitting here, exhausted out of my mind you ask? Because it is quiet. Blissfully and wonderfully quiet. No one is asking me for anything. No one is crying. No one needs a nose wiped or a diaper change or a drink cup refilled. No one wants a snack and there are no blippin' cartoons on. It is as close to Heaven as I can imagine. And so I postpone bedtime every night knowing full well that I will suffer in the morning for it, all the more because there WILL be people making noise, asking me for stuff, needing their noses wiped or diapers changed or drink cups refilled. Someone will be hungry and someone will beg ceaselessly for cartoons. So I sit here reveling in the silence thinking 'just five more minutes and I'll go to bed' for the next thirty minutes. Ah well. At least I get to stay home with these kids. They are wonderful even if I am being driven crazy! Hey, crazy isn't really all that bad of a place to be. I can think of worse places. Syracuse, for example. :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment