











Wow. Where is all the time going?
Ok, well the first big thing to happen is that Saturday was Katie's gymnastics spring show. For a while, she was determined that she was quitting. She didn't want to do it anymore and you weren't going to make her. Then she talked to her coach about what was bothering her and we'll golden again.
If you go to my Photobucket site and watch the videos from last year, you can definitely see how far she's come in the last year. I'm so proud of her and I'm pretty sure I can speak for Mike when I say that he's pretty proud of her too.
Oh, there were so many funny things said this weekend. I wish I could remember them all. The one I do remember is pretty good. So we went to Perkins in all its syrupy and jammy goodness. Well, at some point, Katie starts to stick to the seat of the booth and starts getting really upset. I tell her to calm down that we can go use some water and get the sticky off her. She says she doesn't want to get all wet. I tell her that she has a choice. She can have wet butt or sticky butt and she howls that she "[doesn't] want sticky butt, I don't want wet butt. I want clean butt"!!
Mother's Day was good. They got me some strawberry plants, some planters, and soil. That's what I wanted so it's just perfect. I worked right smack in the middle of the day (12-5) so Mike picked up some take out from a local Mexican place and we just hung out here.
I know that there was more going on. Last week was a busy week. Oh, her Cubbies end of year picnic was Wednesday. I made a fruit salad with a brown sugar cream cheese dip and the fruit FLEW out of there and not one single person tried the dip. I thought it was funny. The fruit was gone before even half the people got through the line. The irony kicks in when I tell you that these are the same people who are asked to bring in healthy treats for snack time and they bring Oreos, Chips Ahoy, cupcakes, and candy bars.
Last one before I go sprinkle the neighbor's dogs. We were making the fruit salad and Katie says "Mom, we should put some of this in a bowl and take it to Gayle's house so they can have fresh fruit". Clearly they don't have access to fresh fruit across the street. No, my dear Katie. Our neighbors are fine. I think that the people who need access to fresh fruit are the other Cubbies parents! LOL!
Ok. The rest of the videos are on the Photobucket site. I don't have the time or patience to sit here while these upload.

No comments:
Post a Comment