


























Well, I have a TON of pictures to share with you today. They won't be in any particular order and they certainly won't match the order in which I'm going to talk about them.
Up first is Dave and Gayle's quilt. This quilt was fun to work on and took us about two months to make start to finish. Alex did the cutting, I did a lot (but not all) of the piecing, Alex did ALL of the applique (fabulous job, isn't it?), and I did the quilting. It was really fun and yet at times very difficult to work on. I had some grandiose ideas for the quilting until I realized that I SUCK at trying to quilt pictures. I can't draw. So quilting pictures into the quilt was impossible for me. So I did some meandering and outlining. I am here to tell you that outlining is very very difficult. It was really hard to outline it without crossing over the seam. But they seemed to really like it and that makes it worth it ten times over.
Next up are the pictures of the damage from the leaking pipe in our wall. To make a long story short, I was putting some stuff in the closet on Friday when I noticed a wet carpet. We keep A LOT of stuff in our closet and I started pulling out the pictures and stuff first and when I pulled the pile of blankets off the floor, they were SOPPING wet. I started to panic. I called Mike home and over the course of four or five days, we went through several theories including, but not limited to, a bad wax seal in the toilet, clogged drains backing up and forcing water through the pipe joins, a water connection got loose from our ice maker, and a hole in the water supply to upstairs. It turned out to be the latter. We sucked soooo much water out of the carpeting and off the floors. It wasn't funny. So the pictures that you see are the pictures of the water damage at the top of the closet, at the back of the closet (notice that the plaster has a nice, big crack in it), and the floor. The pics of the carpet aren't great but if you look, you can see where the water stains are. That's how far the water came out into the bedroom and followed the wall into the living room. And yes. The carpet is dirty. We can't run a vacuum on a wet carpet. You can also see the hole that was cut to fix the pipe. All in all, the hole isn't bad and it doesn't appear that we have mold or mildew at this point. But we have to fix the hole, replace the relatively large piece of carpet padding, and get the stains cleaned out of the carpet, if that's even possible.
Let's see...what else. There is a picture of Jack with a 'Joker' scratch on his face. It makes him look like he has scars like the Joker from Batman. He got really mad about having to go to bed (he was WAAAAAAY overtired) and he started to smack, scratch, and gouge his face and that's the result. Nice, huh? The picture of the two of them on the couch is from Katie calming him down after a tantrum when Mommy told him no for something. The rest are just random shots. In one of the Joker pics, Jack is saying 'Cheese'!
Ok. I have to get to bed and rest up for my birthday celebration. I still haven't any idea what we're doing. We're supposed to hang out with friends but nothing has been set in stone yet. I'm assuming a games night. If not, we'll figure something.
P.s. Make sure you click on the 21st picture down. It is the one that is a full-sized shot of the back of the eagle quilt. It is REALLY cool. Yeah, I'm proud. Maybe pride is a sin but I still think it was a good job by both of us. (Did I mention that I hand stitched the binding on that sucker?? Through quite a few layers when you count the hanging sleeve, too.) When I get pictures of the final final project, with binding and signature patch on, I will post them on here.

No comments:
Post a Comment