Saturday, May 16, 2009

Out of steam

I sat down all prepared to blog but as I was reading some other blogs that I happened across, I totally ran out of steam. Well, that isn't entirely true. I ran out of steam somewhere around 8:45 and was just too darned lazy to go to bed. I also find that I absolutely love the quiet time after the kids are in bed. It's just so nice to have nothing to listen to except the wind outside and the dryer running.

Tomorrow is Dora Live. We were going to buy tickets for Katie but then Gayle called and offered two that she had. I can't thank her (or Darlene) enough. It is way super appreciated. We had already promised her that we would go when we realized that maybe it wasn't the best fiscal idea we'd ever had.

I'm also super excited because Mikey got me tickets to see Phantom of the Opera in June for my birthday. Oh, I'm soooooo psyched! I've wanted to see this show for YEARS. Needless to say, I'll be lucky if I even get a birthday cake due to my gift but it is so worth it. Again, not the best fiscal idea ever but...well, this is something that I've really wanted so I'm sure I could find ways to justify it. ;)

I also can't believe how quickly our Vegas trip is creeping up on us. Well, I suppose it isn't creeping up so much as it started trotting then jogging and is now sprinting towards us. That's awesome! But also a little sad because I'd like it to stay late May for a long time. We have all of summer stretched out before us and the weather is finally turning warm. I want to keep it that way and relish that for a while.

Speaking of weather, it's been a little strange here lately. Really warm and nice one day, windy and cool the next, then rainy and grey the day after that. I suppose spring truly is here. And I thought the true signs of spring arriving were the neighbor's dogs being left out in the yard for 12 to 18 hours every day and the smell of pot smoke wafting from their garage. Silly me. But I'll take the smell of the flowers, the colors of the blooming trees, and greenness of the grass any day.

Lastly, I'm bummed. I had planted a TON of seeds with Katie and we got very few seedlings. We have a couple of flowers but I wasn't smart enough to label them so I don't even know what IS growing. I also have a couple of lettuce plants and two cucumbers. Nothing else grew. So I'll be heading to the greenhouse. It's so much more satisfying growing stuff from the very beginning but I suppose beggars can't be choosers. At least I'm growing something! I learned my lesson from last year, though. I got two tomato plants instead of four so we won't be throwing away tomatoes. But I want to buy more beans and peas so that we can have more of those. Sadly, no zucchini. I just don't have the room for them. But I'm certainly willing to accept any that you might have laying around your garden...

Ok. NOW I'm going to bed. For real. No, I'm not just saying that and then I'll end up staying awake until 3a. That would be stupid. Right?

No comments: