Friday, May 1, 2009

Long time no see

Dear Blog,
I am so sorry. I have been neglecting you. But if you give me just a chance, I can explain to you just what has been happening in my world that would make me neglect you so pitifully. Yes, I do realize that I've been on Facebook a lot. And I do realize that those games are really sucking me in and truly taking away from my blog time. But really, you are my first love and you always will be. But it is quite the balancing act because I don't want Facebook to get suspicious so even though I am right here on the computer, I have to wait until Facebook isn't looking or demanding my attention.

But back to my point. I have had quite a bit on my plate this week. Truly, I have not intentionally been ignoring you. This week has been busy. We're starting to wrap up with Katie's preschool year. Wednesday was supposed to be conferences but no one bothered to let many of the parents know and I was included in that. See, I could have used the time that it took to get Katie out of bed, fed, dressed, and to the school to blog. But that time was wasted.

I also found out that Gayle's hubby was coming home (yay!) but that her son needs surgery (boo!). See, I was a bundle of conflicting emotions. I didn't want Gavin to have to have surgery but the possibility that Dave could come home nearly a month early was just overwhelming. So I'm torn between joy for them and guilt at that joy because the reason Dave got to come home was due to surgery. So I've been quite wrapped up in my feeling bad for being happy for them.

I've also found myself planning out a lot of my quilts. That takes time. And I could have been here with you, dear blog, but then I wouldn't have any of the quilts ready to go. And I do need to finish those or my conscience won't let me start a new project until these current projects are finished. My absence here is a necessity. If I don't get the projects done, I won't have any quilt pictures to decorate you with. And then my post after my fall retreat would be sad and empty for lack of new, finished quilt tops. You do understand, don't you?

I'm also trying to keep up with my work schedule this week. Monday and today (Friday) are the only two days that I didn't work this entire week and when I am off work, I have to check my Facebook (what if someone posts something fun? What if my crops die in my farming game?? What if someone keeps robbing me or attacking me in Mafia Wars and I don't respond??) and then keep up with my shows. I can't go to bed on a Dancing With the Stars night without seeing the performances and then finding out who went home. It just isn't in me.

Lastly, my dear blog, I'm trying to keep up with all of these things while fighting off a terrible allergy fog and some serious abdominal pain. I went to the doctor today and she ruled out the serious stuff so I won't be heading to the ER but I'm still hurting quite a bit. Because of it, I'm also not doing well with my weight loss. I just don't have the right frame of mind or time or desire to carefully plan my meals when I will be ill from whatever I eat. So I've been dazed on the couch with a tummy ached for much of the week when I'm not working, sleeping, quilting, Facebooking, or watching my shows.

See? I'm not purposely ignoring you. You've been on my mind this entire week. I just haven't been able to sit down and give you the proper attention that you deserve. And I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I gave you a poorly planned post. It's all for you, lovely blog. It's all for you.

I just want to give you some notice. I will post again. But the next week or so is going to be pretty hectic. Katie has decided to give her gymnastics class a second chance. I'm very proud of her for that but that means I have to take her to class and try to keep her motivated. We've also planned to go to dinner with friends on Saturday and while I'm really looking forward to it, we probably should have researched the place before agreeing to go. Needless to say, Mikey and I will be sharing a dinner. Nice, swanky place. Out of our league.

Sunday is a serious buckle down and get stuff done day. I need to get out and get my garden cleaned out and turned over. I also need to plant the onions and carrot seeds. The seedlings I started a few weeks ago were doing well...until I boiled them alive on that 80 degree day. (Note to self: when it's hot outside and you want to give your little seedlings some sun, take the lid off the greenhouse first. The heat and steam will cook your little seedlings.) I also must get some more quilting done before I lose motivation. My dear blog, I must admit that using my home machine to quilt was a dumb decision. I will most definitely not do this again for a long time. But I thought that I could do it. I needed to get some quilting done and I couldn't possibly bother Gayle now that Dave is finally home. But alas, I was wrong. (I wonder if I could find a sitter and use the machine on Monday while Gayle is at work and Dave is off demobilizing?)

Monday will probably be the day I try to get to the coffee shop for some impromptu knitting lessons. Tuesday I work, Wednesday is Katie's last Cubbies meeting of the year and they do a little outside picnic thing for the families. Thursday I will be going to Let's Dish with Gayle and her co-workers (hi, co-workers...I know you're there). And Friday and Saturday I work again. Somewhere in there, I have to find time to go to dinner with Dave, Gayle, and Gavin or we'll have to wait at least another week from Friday since the poor boy can't eat solids due to the type of surgery.

So, dear blog, you have my schedule for the next week. Please don't be too upset or disappointed when I don't visit like I should. I don't love you any less. I just have other responsibilities. I will be thinking of you.

Love, Glenda

No comments: