Sunday, December 7, 2008

Busy busy busy

































Well, we got the tree up, I decorated the deck and fence, and Mike is leaving for PA tomorrow. I'm feeling a bit bummed and a little down not to mention just a tiny little teenie bit stressed. :) But I'm sure I'll survive somehow. Maybe he figured that after the retreats I've taken, he would just take the same amount of days...all at one time!! LOL!

Ok. Like I said, we got the tree up. Well, Jack decided that for each ornament that Katie put on, he was going to take one off. Eventually we gave up and put him to bed first. Katie was really good this year. She did most of the tree herself. I only had her move a handful of ornaments too. Anyone who knows me knows that I got my Mom's gene for needing to have everything 'just right' on the tree but I restrained myself and just requested that she move a few of the ornaments. Hey, there's a limit to my restraint and six ornaments on one flimsy branch was it!!


Speaking of flimsy, this tree really is. The branches are too weak to even hold up a really light silver star on the top of the tree!! I had to bend the top branch back on itself three time and it still was super wobbly. It will be fine now as long as no one bumps the tree and there are not stiff breezes and no one looks too hard at the tree! If any of these things happen, I think the star will topple off!!


I also got outside and put lights on the deck and fence. I usually do the trees but they are getting too big for me to handle myself. Plus, we have quite a bit of snow on the ground. And since we weren't early enough this year, we aren't putting lights on the roof, either since that's covered in snow and ice. I won't ask Mike to do something that I'm not willing to do and I am certainly not willing to climb on an icy roof just to put lights up.


I also have a couple of videos of Jack and Mike reading plus one of Jack in the tub. I have to password protect my photobucket site because of visible pee-pee (and we all know there are sickos trolling the web) but I will post them on there for a while. When I remove those videos, I will remove the password again. I tried really really hard not to get pee-pee in the videos but apparently I'm not talented enough!!


So, I put some pictures of the snowfall we got the other night. That isn't counting what fell last night and today. We're supposed to get more tomorrow, too. It looks really pretty falling but it isn't so pretty trying to drive through it! What a mess. But the yard does look nice covered in a blanket of snow. It sort of hides the mess the dog leaves...

Last thing before I head to bed. Gayle is going to help me take some Christmas pictures of the kids so hopefully we'll have our Christmas cards made and out at a decent time this year. Here's hoping!


Ok. Enjoy the videos and pictures. Wish me luck for my upcoming week! I think I'm going to need the next weekend at a spa to defrazzle. LOL!



No comments: