









So, apparently I offended Gayle by not discussing her Wii even though it was in the subject line a few posts back. LOL! :) So I will devote much of this post to rhapsodizing over her wee Wii. Man, what a seriously cool game system. I'll tell you, though. It does not work well when you've got two midgets who want to keep walking in front of the TV while you're trying to play. It works even less well when they stand in front of the system so that it can't read the remote. In that case, you can SEE yourself losing and you're powerless to stop it!! Boy, that system is seriously fun. You get a workout playing it, too!!! My favorite is the boxing but Gayle doesn't have enough nunchuks for two boxers (you hold a remote in one hand and a nunchuk in the other and the system 'reads' your movements and translates them to the screen). I think watching Gayle and Alex play is the best, though. Alex is used to it and she makes these small little movements but Gayle (and me, too for that matter) makes these big exaggerated movements. It's hysterical.
Suddenly, since we let Katie play Wii, she has an intense interest in visiting Gayle. She asks me daily when we're going to see her. I have Gavin today and I keep hearing "Katie, lets go over and watch Mickey Mouse Story at my house" and Katie responds with "Let's go play Wii". Maybe next Christmas we can think about it for the entire family. Katie LOVES the Rock Band game, though, but that's Xbox 360 so the big issue is which system do we get? No, the big issue is whether we actually want this bad enough to save up for it!
I mentioned I have Gavin today so one cute story and then I'll upload some pictures. So we're working on candy cane crafts upstairs and Katie says "Gav, do you want..." and he interrupts with "Do not call me Gav". So, later on, Katie again said "Gav, Gavin, let's go downstairs" and I told her not to call him Gav and he looks and says "She can call me Gav if she wants".
Suddenly, since we let Katie play Wii, she has an intense interest in visiting Gayle. She asks me daily when we're going to see her. I have Gavin today and I keep hearing "Katie, lets go over and watch Mickey Mouse Story at my house" and Katie responds with "Let's go play Wii". Maybe next Christmas we can think about it for the entire family. Katie LOVES the Rock Band game, though, but that's Xbox 360 so the big issue is which system do we get? No, the big issue is whether we actually want this bad enough to save up for it!
I mentioned I have Gavin today so one cute story and then I'll upload some pictures. So we're working on candy cane crafts upstairs and Katie says "Gav, do you want..." and he interrupts with "Do not call me Gav". So, later on, Katie again said "Gav, Gavin, let's go downstairs" and I told her not to call him Gav and he looks and says "She can call me Gav if she wants".
The pictures above: Katie put our candy cane crafts on the tree in lovely groupings. I guess they get lonely if you put them on by themselves. That or they travel in packs to avoid being attacked by other ornaments. I also have pictures of the kids working on their crafts as well as posing with their finished crafts. There's also a picture of Jack standing on his head. That's it. He wasn't doing a somersault. He was standing on his head. Strange kid. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment