It's a whole degree outside! Yes, folks, we've finally gotten above zero. There is a fine mist of snow falling outside and while it isn't anything major, it is accumulating enough that there is a slight dusting on the ground. It appears that this winter is going to be quite the snowy one. We had a couple of winters in a row where we didn't get much snow at all and it seems like that's all it wants to do this year. Oh well. Hopefully it will be good for the watershed. Most of the snow we got while Mike was gone melted the day before and the day of his return and then it got horribly bitter cold and then we had quite the blowing storm a few nights ago.
Speaking of Mike's return...Yay!! He's home! Although I don't feel that I've gotten much time with him since he got home, I'm glad he's back. Hopefully I'll be in a better mood when I get to see him tomorrow (he's at a Christmas party thrown by one of the higher-ups at work tonight). And I won't get onto my self-pitying why-can't-I-go whining that I was doing to myself yesterday. I know why we live so far from relatives but it's times like this week where I can't go to anything because I don't have a sitter that really upsets me. I missed my quilting friends' get-together because Mike was gone and I didn't have a sitter and I'm missing this tonight, too. Oh well. Whine, whine. I think I'll have some cheese now. :) At least I get to go to the other annual Christmas party that we always attend.
Speaking of Christmas...Can you even believe that it is already next week????? We are less than a week out. Holy cow. I think it's time to start sorting through whatever we have here and figure out who still needs what. I don't have a lot for Mike and it drives me nuts. But to be fair, most of his money was spent on an iPod and a leather jacket (that he's wanted for years). But I want to make sure that we pretty much have even numbers for each of the kids. I don't want one kid to end up with 12 presents and one to end up with 5.
Ok. I think that's it. Nothing too funny. Nothing too enlightening. Nothing remotely earth-shattering. But there it is. :) Have fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh man, had I known you were looking for a sitter tonight, I would have done it! Instead I told my boss I'd come into work... extra money never hurts this time of year. You can always drop me a line if you're in need and if I don't have to work, I'd be more than happy to watch the kiddos :)
~Danelle
Post a Comment