So, I took the kids to get their portraits done today. When I set up the appointment, they told me that they usually spend ten minutes with each appointment and then you spend the rest of the time looking over the pictures. I nearly laughed in her face. Not to be rude to her because she isn't the one who set that policy but because it is truly laughable that they think they'll get 50 good pictures out of two very rambunctious and unable to sit still kids!! It took us forty minutes. And we still didn't get too many shots of Jack that were worth keeping. Every time she'd pose him, he'd look up, start getting out of his chair and then smile when he's halfway across the set. We got a couple. It was really tough to get both kids to look good in the same shot. There is one photo where Jack looks absolutely wonderful and Katie is all slumped down in her seat with her legs spread apart and her feet about 18 inches off the ground and her hair is all flopped forward. I said 'We'll crop it and keep it' because it was the best shot. There's one that's super cute of the two of them looking into a present box so I got that one as my biggie and then I got an 8x10 of each of them As soon as the studio posts the pics, I'll give you the info to take a look-see.
The snow storm from last night wasn't the worst I've seen. I don't think we got as much as they called for but then again, one of the neighbors kindly plowed for me. I went out again at 1op and shovelled again so it wasn't dreadful this a.m. I have to admit (and I forgot to tell Mike) that his suggestion of putting salt down on the driveway actually made a big difference in the shovelling. This morning it was more slush than snow so that was helpful. Speaking of which, I should go out and salt again because it is really cold and we're going to need it tomorrow.
Katie is kinda pouty and bratty right now. She doesn't want to listen to me and she's severely testing my limits. She lost TV privileges for the night and now she's pouting because that includes the computer. I think she'll be heading to bed soon.
Ok. I think that's it. I hope you're all having a great Christmas season. I feel a lot less stress because I finally have nearly everyone's presents figured. I just need something for my brother now. :) Good night for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Uh Wii what. Nothing said about Wii. Snort.
Post a Comment