Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sleepy

So, I think we're going to be the really big huge copycats on the block and get a Wii too. Nothing is set in stone, mind you. But we've been talking about it for a few months and we decided that we wanted to get other things for Christmas instead. But Mike's Nana gave him some money for Christmas so I think we've decided that we're going to go for it. Now we have to hope that the TV up north is big enough to take the Wii with us!! Otherwise, Pap Pap will be out of luck and we'll have to take the big HDTV from the family room! :) J/K Pap Pap. Uh oh...we'll have to get some water. I think he's looking a bit dizzy and faint. LOL! :)

Today we weren't quite so interested in all the toys but I have to tell you...I'm still thrilled with mine. I got three different mindless games and I love them because they are super easy to learn and play and super addictive so I can lose myself in them and shut off my thoughts. I also got a new crock pot and I'm itching to use it.

I'm also debating whether I want to go skiing up north. I haven't decided for sure yet... I'm nervous about the possibility of tearing something. I'm not the spry teenager I used to be and I'm about as flexible as a redwood nowadays. I've wanted to try skiing for a long time but it isn't cheap and the older I get, the more, uh, old I get. I was looking on craigslist to see if I could find something decent that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg but these big feet are going to be hard to get into shoes. I may have to go with men's boots. I suppose we'll see. I really wanted to try snowboarding but I was informed by a trusty source that snowboarding is tougher. Maybe I will have to tackle skiing first. But I still think that boarding looks more fun.

Ok. Time for bed. It's going for one and I'm sleepy. Believe it or not, it is currently 40 degrees outside and all the snow that was on the deck (at least 12" on the railings) is melted and gone. The snow on the main part of the deck is there but we had quite the meltdown today. I wouldn't mind getting rid of some of this stuff. We were pretty buried for a few days. I don't mind if we get more as long as some of this melts first. So here's hoping for a few more warm days.

Really now. Stop holding me here! I have to get to bed. Sheesh!! :)

No comments: