Well, I'll keep this a bit short. I have no idea how it happened but I had a sinus infection come on hard and fast. I woke up relatively healthy yesterday and around 3p started feeling blah. By 10p I was miserable and at 1a I woke Mike up to ask him to stay home from work so I could go to the doctor's. I didn't think he was going to do it and he was not happy to take care of the kids all day (I still did a lot of cleaning up after them) but he did stay and I did go. I feel better but not great.
So, Mike sneezed today and Jack actually said 'bless you'. It came out all baby-garbled but it was unmistakably 'bless you'. He's also saying thank you a lot and if he wants you to do something, he'll grab your hand to try and make you do it. For example, if he wants you to crank the handle on the jack-in-the-box, he'll give you the box and put your hand on the handle and then will try to get you to move it. If he wants warm milk, he'll go to the microwave and stretch up and whine until you get him some warm milk. He's growing so fast. I'm a tiny teenie bit worried about his lack of words at this point but not so much that I'm rushing to specialists or anything. I'm expecting a pile of words to come rushing out at any point. Mike attributes the lack to my inability to spend so much time with him like I did with Katie. That little girl is a time sponge I tell ya.
Katie asked me if she could have some pretzels and I told her yes and asked her to bring some for me. She stopped by Mike and said "Daddy, would you like some pretzels too"? That may not seem like a big deal but it is. She's starting to think about what she's doing and she's starting to consider others and their feelings. It's awesome.
Ok. Off to bed. Sorry to disappoint my stalkers/fans but there isn't much humor today. I'm feeling quite unfunny and maybe a bit bummed. Cross fingers for me that my antibiotics will kick in and then maybe I can go back to amusing you. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment