I just realized that it's been a few days since I posted anything new on here so here I am. This will be super short, though. It's pretty late and (I know that this is going to sound really weird) but if I don't take about twenty minutes to knit a couple of rows on Katie's sweater, I find that I can't shut my mind down and I toss and turn for hours after turning out the lights.
Everything has been pretty good here. Friday, of course, was the orchard and Saturday I worked so Mike and the kids got some time together. Katie slept in really late and so Mike got a lot of time alone with Jack-Jack and said that he was a little doll. He's started saying "I love you" and he'll blow me kisses when I'm putting him down for his nap.
Katie's hair is already seriously growing out. I'll have to take her and get it trimmed up again. I'm going to let it grow down again so the stack in the back won't be so high on her head. Eventually, I'm hoping that it will be a short little bob but I guess it depends on whether the little girl will keep her hair-yanking fingers out of it. If not, we're going super-short again.
Morning preschool is really working out for us. It is so nice to be forced to get up and moving because then I feel like we have the entire day ahead of us and we've already gotten quite a bit accomplished. She seems to really like it, too. We're not having problems waking her up but bedtime is still a bit of a struggle. The best part, though, is that usually we can get her to brush her teeth, put on her jammies, and get into bed. There are nights, though. The biggest obstacle we're facing is remembering that we have to tell her to go to bed. We lose track of time and then she ends up in bed really late.
The weather has been pretty cool lately. We've been in the sixties for about two weeks. We had a threat of frost but I don't think it actually hit us. I need to get out to pull everything out of the garden before it rots and drops seeds. I pulled no less than two dozen little tomato plants out of what is now my flower garden this year. I'm also looking at getting someone out to prune the trees and the bush at the end of the driveway but they want a minimum of $300. Well, the company I called did. I have to look around. (As a side note, I can hear the rain outside. Hopefully if it rains a lot now, we'll have a relatively snow-free winter. Hey, I can hope can't I?)
I think that's about it. Jack was super cranky after his nap today but nothing extraordinary to report on. I'm hoping that he'll feel better tomorrow because I'm thinking about taking them to the Children's Museum. Apparently they have a really cool ball exhibit and I think both kids would love it.
Ok. Off to bed and a little bit of knitting. Have a good night/day/whatever it is for you when you read this. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment