Thursday, October 9, 2008

Nothing important but huge post all the same!

I haven't been writing because nothing big has been happening here. Jack has been Mr. Crankypants for the past few days and has done very little but cry, scream, and throw tantrums. Katie was a screamer when she'd have a tantrum but Jack throws himself onto the ground. It's super-fun in the stores I tell ya. :)

Katie is getting invitations to birthday parties left and right. She is apparently a popular kid to play with at school which surprises me a little. She's quite bossy and not just a little bit of a bully here at home but I know there is a difference between friends and little brothers. Oh, boy, how I know that!!! LOL!

When I picked her up on Wednesday, she was crying. I asked what was wrong and she said something about thinking I was gone forever. Yup. I disappear and never come back quite often. But I was telling her that I was right here and I would never disappear on her and all of a sudden, this little boy who had been out in the hall and leaving the school came back in, wrapped his little four-year-old arms around her and told her "it'll be ok, Katie". My heart melted into a little pile of goo right there in her classroom.

Then on the way out, this little girl was trying super-hard to get me to come to her house for cookies (that her Mommy baked, no less) so she could play with Katie. What a sweet little girl! It took me a little while but I realized that she reminds me of the Longenhagen girls. Brown hair and super bright blue eyes.

I have no idea if I work on Sunday but so far we have a busy weekend planned. School tomorrow morning and then I work in the evening until 9. I want to try and get the kids out somewhere tomorrow afternoon but it's hard when I don't know when Jack will wake up. I don't want to wake him early because he's been like a grizzly bear that sat on a porcupine lately.....WAY cranky! Anyway, then I work at 9 on Saturday morning and then afterwards, we're going to a chili cook-off. I think I'll make sure we have some Imodium for our delicate little tummies! Plans on Sunday will depend on whether or not I work. And then Monday is our 7 year anniversary so who knows what we'll be able to do.

I haven't really told you a whole lot on this blog about what's up with Mike. It's a little sad but there isn't much to tell you. Same old same old with work. He's stressed. Over-worked. Tired. Getting run down. He's had audit after audit after audit during the past few weeks. Needless to say, they don't put him in the best mood since the people who SHOULD be attending the meetings (and often do) rely on Mike to actually know what's going on and then subsequently report on what's going on. Not surprisingly, because he's covering these meetings for other people, he's not getting time to do HIS work. Oh, sometimes this makes for super fun Mikey. Yay me! LOL. I've been trying to make sure he gets time to get out, though. With Katie's schedule and my work schedule, though, I sometimes feel like he gets the short end but I do try. So he's been going to Applebee's with the guys and even if we, as a family, couldn't do the cook-off, I was going to try and force him out the door to do it.

Ok. Way too long on this post. Hopefully I'll have a new sweater to take pictures of soon. I'm finishing up the hem on the bottom and then I need to do the collar and sleeves, which is cake. Maybe by Monday?

No comments: