Today we were invited to a chili cook-off hosted by a gentleman Mike works with and his wife. Well, we didn't win any prizes but we did have a good time. It took Jack a while to warm up to the other adults (read: the entire time!) but eventually he was sitting and 'talking' with some of the other guests.
Katie had no such issues. She just jumped right in and made friends of the kids that were there and the adults. And if one person wasn't paying attention to her, she'd just move on to the next.
On the way there, Katie all of a sudden yells "Mom, I have to go potty"! I told her that we would be there soon and asked if she could hold it. She reached down and 'held it' and yelled "Drive faster, Daddy! As fast as you can!"
On the way home, it was storming and there were lightning strikes in the distance. Katie says "I don't like lightning" and Mike and I both said we thought it was cool. I said "Katie, I think it's pretty". Her response? "If you say so, Mom". *Sigh*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment