Sunday, March 15, 2009

Cute kids, stories, and quilts




So, Katie and Gavin are having a sleepover here at our house because Gayle needed some sanity time. I went to check on them and they were so cute that I ran, not walked but ran, to get my camera. I'm waiting for them to upload to the computer but you're lucky. You won't have to wait. I'll post them and there will be no lag time for you to see them. I bet you said 'ahhh' when you saw them didn't you? You couldn't help it.

So, Mike and the kids decided to come to the quilt shop with me today. Boy, big mistake apparently. Jack was not too happy but he was ok until we got to the bakery. We bought him a cookie, which was fine until I reached over to taste the icing on his cookie. Major meltdown! Then Katie took a tiny little taste. Holy cow, Jack-Jack doesn't share food! He shrieked the entire way home. Yes, shrieked like the victims in a slasher movie. Good golly.

So Katie decides to sing to him. "Spring is my favorite season, because spring is my favorite season. The snow is melting and there are four seasons. Don't cry little Jack-Jack. Don't cry. Or you'll make yourself puke on yourself. And you won't like if you puke on yourself. It's gross to puke on yourself. So don't puke on yourself." And this went on for about fifteen minutes. Seriously! It seemed to help because he wasn't shrieking so hard when she was singing.

I'm also posting a picture of what I had of Dave's beanie. This was taken a few days ago and I have quite a bit more now. It looks so ridiculously long because the brim folds up so it's warmer around the ears. I'm going to be able to finish it soon. (Oh, yeah. That picture is old. I have much more done than that.)

Lastly, I finally got Jack's very first quilt quilted. I'm going to work on binding it and then he gets his very first Mommy quilt. Bad Mommy, I know. I also have to knit something for him. Anyway, enjoy the pictures.

No comments: