Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Horrifying

I just got back from the yarn shop and I vow that I will never be able to take my kids out of their cages again. I wasn't in this shop for 45 seconds before Jack broke something. And not just something. A ceramic collectible something. Meanwhile, my daughter is on the other side of him, walking on, and then modeling a knit and felted bag. I left that shop in tears. Absolutely horrified and humiliated. I had even called ahead to let them know what I needed and they were waiting with the item at the ready and we still left a swath of destruction in our wake. Why don't I take the kids out indeed!

So, we're home and I'm quietly making their lunch feeling about two inches tall. Out of the blue Katie says "Mom, I'm sorry Jack broke the pig and I'm sorry I walked on that bag. It was an accident". I thanked her and told her it meant a lot but I was still upset. She says, and I'm quoting "Maybe a hug will make you feel better. Come here, baby". My heart is melting all while my pride is shriveling!

P.s. Jack is dipping his pb&j sandwich in pb. I love them but I think I'm going to have to stop letting them out of their cages. I guess there's something to be said for online yarn shops.

No comments: