So, on Monday or Tuesday (I can't remember), Katie was in our bedroom presumably watching

cartoons. I hadn't heard from her in a while but I
didn't think much of it until she came out with
the powder bottle, a white face, and white pj's. To cut the story short, she had covered herself and our bedroom in baby powder. Let me explain myself here. When I say 'covered herself', I mean that her previously black pojammies were now a lovely ash grey color. My dresser, which is a dark wood was white. The TV was coated in white. The walls were dotted with white. It is a week later and we are still smelling (and choking on) powder at night. (As an aside, cheap air purifiers suck and don't help. At least not with baby powder.) So, I attempted to clean the powder up with our vacuum. Well, our vacuum sucks and not in the way that a helpful vacuum cleaner should. After the 'cleaning', our bedroom still had a fine white layer of baby powder. It smells good but breathing sure isn't easy.Then on Friday, when I went to pick her up at school, the teacher's aide greets me with a big smile and says "Do you have news you want to share?" Um, no. Why? What has she been telling you? My lovely daughter has been telling the world that her Daddy and I are having another baby. Which I would like to clarify to you and those who are likely to get all excited, it is not true. Apparently she has access to info I don't. But she has been absolutley obsessed with babies lately. She keeps telling people that she is going to marry Brady, he'll be her husband, and then she'll have a baby in her tummy. Erp.
She is also obsessed with growing older and going to college. She's mentioned this several times in the past few weeks. While I am proud of her for her aspirations, I think I would like her to be little for a while!
Let's see what else... Oh, yeah. She's been 'teaching' Jack Kung Fu...learned from Kung Fu Panda of course. If I can get it to upload within a decent amount of time, I'll put the video on here. If it takes forever, you'll have to wait until I'm awake enough and patient enough to post it.
I'm also going on a quilting retreat next week. For those of you who don't know, me and two of
my best friends go and hang out with each other, sew, eat some, talk, laugh, sew a little more, eat some more, laugh some more, and so on. It is great. While many of you may shake your head at the idea, it is fun and relaxing and gives us all time to unwind without having the stress of day-to-day responsibilities to worry about. Well, anyway, I went on a fabric acquisition trip today since I have nothing to sew! I haven't been very motivated to sew for the past few months as I've been feeding my knitting beast all the yarn and projects IT could handle. And getting together to 'sew' with these same two lovely ladies has been sort of funny. Very little actual sewing gets
achieved! Anyway...remember I said I'm tired? I'm rambling. Here are my fabrics for the retreat...The blue kit is a wall hanging that I think would go very nicely in my bedroom above the bed. I really wish I could get some of my quilts on the wall but I don't do much with the idea of that final goal. I have one quilt that I really really really want to get on the wall above the stairs leading down into the family room but we need an extendable ladder...which we do not have. So I thought this blue one would be nice in our bedroom.

The bluey-greeny fabric is for the mystery that Gayle is running on this retreat. It has become almost a tradition that she runs a mystery. And the quilts I end up with have all ended up becoming very liked. The blue paisley-like flower fabric is the feature fabric, the green is the 'light' background, the purple is the dark contrast, the black is for a skinny border, the teal polka dot is for the middle border, and the big outer border will be the flowery stuff. I thought it was cool. I guess we'll see how it turns out. Stay tuned for pics of that top when we're all done.
The music fabric is awesome, isn't it??? I ADORE this fabric. I'm actually thinking of going back
to get more of it and to find a pattern that I can make something with. I love love love this fabric!! It is really hard to take a very good, clean, quality picture of fabric but I hope you can get a sense of how cool this fabric really is.
Lastly, all the purpley-yellow stuff is for a quilt that I've had tumbling aro
und in my head for a while. So I figured I'd get some really crazy bright fabric and play with it on retreat. I'm going to have to go into my stash and see if I have any other crazy fabrics that will go along with these to make a big enough quilt for one of the kids.P.s. Please don't judge me for my filthy carpet. I find mystery stains all the time. I will keep Stanley Steemer in business, I tell you.

No comments:
Post a Comment