I was going to post about Jack's shots but apparently I'm going to be accosted until they go to bed. Is it bedtime yet? I am thrilled, THRILLED I tell you, that it is still light out at 6:10p. In fact, it is very nice and bright and the sun looks nowhere near ready to set yet. I'm very happy about that. But it throws me off as to judging the lateness of the hour. It is weird because Jack is technically supposed to go to bed in less than two hours.
I'm so ashamed to admit this but Katie has Cubbies tonight and I am not taking her. I am so sick of this cold that I cannot bring myself to go out in it again. Dragging Jack along to drop her off just seems cruel and unusual so I'm not doing it. I know, I know. That's really sad. But I'm looking forward tomorrow. Today the high was 9 above with the low being, uh, quite a bit less. Tonight we are supposed to hit -5 but tomorrow we'll get up to the 20's. Then we'll hit the 40's! My fingers are crossed and let me tell you, that makes typing tough!
Ok. Well apparently I'll be given enough of a reprieve to tell you that Jack is slightly tall for his age but he has a tiny noggin in comparison to other's of his age. He also had his 'beans' examined today which really threw me for a loop! I had NO IDEA that doctor's did that!!! His weight is just right and his other development is fine too. I have GOT to get Katie to stop talking for him though. Not only is it annoying but he isn't getting enough of an opportunity to learn to communicate for himself. Oh, and the doctor's, nurses, and admins are all thoroughly amused that he likes to carry my underwear (which he lovingly calls 'unnies') around with him. I am not so highly amused. Maybe bemused is a better word.
Otherwise, he got three shots including a flu shot (!?!?) and he got a finger prick to test his lead levels. Let's hope they are at zero!
Well, it looks like my time is now up. I'm being assaulted. That's ok. I have nothing else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment