Oh, shoot. I forgot that today is Fastnacht Day, or better known as Mardi Gras or Fat Tuesday. Traditionally, you made a fried pastry (i.e. potato doughnuts) to use up the fat and butter in your pantry/larder before the fasting of Lent since you're not supposed to use fat during Lent. But I forgot. I was totally going to make some today, too. Bummer. Well, we don't fast so maybe I'll just make some another day.
Both kids are twerpy today. I still think Jack isn't feeling great because he's really snotty and Katie is still coughing but now I'm not sure if that's asthma related or if she just has a cough. She has really decided to flex her indepent muscle today. She doesn't want to do a single thing I'm telling her to do today. Grrr.
Anyway, that's about it for the day. I was motivated to clean my house for about thirty seconds there. Whew! So glad THAT passed! Yikes. It was a close one...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment