So, Jack is in the bath the other day and he picks up a foam letter J. He looks at Mike and says "J". Mike says "Yes, that's a J. Good job" and thinks 'well, there's a J in his name so I guess he knows that one'. Then Jack names an N. Then a Z. Mike is duly blown away.
Then yesterday, I pick up a letter (Q, maybe?) and ask Jack what it is. "Q". Wow. Ok. "What's this?" and he answers, correctly, "H". And so on with an M, W (dubb-oo), S, K, E, and D. How the heck is he learning this?? Osmosis? Because I sure as heck am not teaching him these letters and neither is Mike. Holy cow. He also picked something up and said "Blue". Well, not as clearly as I just typed it, of course, but you get the idea. These kids are so amazingly smart.
Katie is coming up with the zingers every day. She sounds more and more grown up and a little tiny part of my heart dies each time. *sob sob* Where is my little girl going??? Mom, you're killing me. If you say so, Mom. If I get to three, no more knitting for you. Mom, listen to me, we have to go to the playground. I wish I could recall the story she told about swimming in the pool at the place Gram-mam and Pap-pap slept when they were here. And how Mommy apparently doesn't know the first thing about making chocolate milk (she was told I make it wrong. I beg your pardon?? My milk making skills are just fine, thank you!). She told Daddy that she made his chocolate cake for him all by herself.
They are just too smart.
So, I have a bit of my sweater knit but I'm starting to fear that it might not be big enough. The yarn I bought is a little too thin so my stitches are too small and so the size is too small. I may have to frog it (you know, rippit, rippit) and save the yarn until I buy the sweater wizard software. But then I won't have a sweater to knit for me now for lack of yarn. *sniff sniff* I suppose I'll have to either keep knitting (I could be wrong and it could fit just fine) or I could just make socks for now. I'll go with the former.
I have to get to bed. Guten tag.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment