Monday, February 9, 2009

Lots of nuttin'

I don't really have anything to tell you. Really, I don't. Let's see what I can come up with.

I scared the bejesus out of a friend because he honestly thought I was going to stab him with a knitting needle. I totally wouldn't do that! I would never ruin a perfectly good knitting needle like that. Sheesh!

We got to hang out sans kids this weekend. It was sooo nice but so weird, too. I didn't have a little hand keep trying to steal my food off my plate. And I could actually watch an adult movie without trying to distract a kid or without constant interruptions.

The weather is warming up so much that I actually want to weep tears of true joy. It is currently 47 degrees and I feel like going outside and offering up something to the gods of spring. I think that if I actually start to work on my pretty sweater, I'll pretty much guarantee an instant warm-up. That would be nice. I'm going to go cast on that sweater right now.

The snow and ice is finally melting out of the yard so the, um, doggie messes are quite...well, maybe I shouldn't even go there. But the ground is nice and sopping soggy wet due to the melting snow. Trugreen is already harassing us to sign up for services for this summer! I think we'll do it ourselves since they are raising their rates. I couldn't get over that they called me right after the first of the year. We are covered in ice, for goodness sake!

Uh, Katie's second pair of socks is almost knit. Yay! I am actually going to work on making a few projects for myself for once. I still need to finish at least one quilt for Jack so that's also on the short queue of projects I need to finish.

Jack is currently upstairs (it is 8:48p) singing and humming to himself. If I loved these kids any more, I would pop. I would write a big, long, angst-filled, Twilight inspired thing but I'm just not up for it... (Just for you, Gayle: *ahem* "If anything were to happen, if anything at all would take my children out of my sight for simply a moment of time, the gaping hole in my chest would swell and threaten to consume me. As it is, the ragged edges of the hole are burning just simply because my sweet, beautiful children are in bed and asleep. And they are beautiful. Too beautiful for me to look at, but look I must. I have no other choice. I must look directly into their beauty and allow my eyes to be burned by the radiance of their beauty. For if I should lose my sight, it would be worth it to have the last sight I ever see be the beauty of my children, locked forever in my mind in a state of childish sweetness. And nothing could ever rival such a woundrous sight." How was that? Hmmm...not quite angsty enough.)

I am on the last book of the Twilight series (thank goodness!!). The story is compelling. You can't put it down. What is going to happen to this idiot girl?? Is the vampire going to inadvertently hurt her? Will the werewolf go insane with jealously and inadvertently hurt her? And this character is such that a little part of you (ok, for me its a little bit more than a 'little' part!) is hoping that they do! What a dumb, weak, and ridiculous character. At least the author's writing is improving. The first book was droll and boring and took a very long time to get started. But now its started, I'm hooked, and hating myself for every word I read. LOL. And her writing is really improving although it is still preteen to midteen fluff. But you know what? For as hard and bitterly as I'm complaining, I'm still reading the stupid books!!! Who knows? Maybe in the end she'll get eaten. I can hope. LOL!!! (I'm just kidding so for those of you (Mom, Aunt Ellie) who are reading this just aghast at what I'm writing, I'm just kidding! And it is a fictional character anyway!)

Hmph. Maybe I did have something to say.

1 comment:

Hannan Family said...

I can’t believe you told the world you were watching Adult movies. I understand what you mean but will the world?
Hmm maybe duct tape will help with the huge burning hole in your chest, wonder why Jacob never mentioned duct tape? He seems like a duct taoe kind of kid/guy.