So Katie comes downstairs last night and announces to Mike and me that her pajamas have a hole in them and someone has to knit them. I asked "Who's someone?" and she said "You"!
"Me?? Why me?"
"Mo-om. You knit my sweaters, you knit me hats, and you're knitting me socks. You have to knit my pajamas!"
Oh. Apparently if you know how to knit, you can fix anything. I didn't get that memo.
Today Mike took them to the store for a few things. She said she wanted to sit in the cart because she was tired so he put her in. Partway through the shopping Katie says "Dad, we have to leave."
"Why?"
"Frankly, I'm hungry and there's stuff all over me. You have to get this off me."
One more:
Katie got her shots today (more on that below) and she got a free pizza certificate so Mike took her to get her pizza. He showed her the pizza and she said "Cute, but its not perfect".
"Why isn't it perfect?"
"It isn't big enough."
This kid is something I tell ya. I don't know what but something. :)
As I said earlier, she got her shots today. Five shots...ugh. Needless to say, she wasn't really looking forward to them. I kept telling her that they hurt but she'd be fine. They don't hurt lots and they certainly don't hurt like the bump on her nose. So we're getting ready to go and she tells me that she's going to try not to cry and she's going to try to be brave. I told her that I thought she would be wonderful. So we get to the doctor's and she keeps asking "Am I getting my shots now? Is it time now? What about now?" and the nurse keeps telling her that she won't get them until after the doctor sees her. She's 41 lbs and 4 oz and 3' 7.1" tall. She hears just fine but needs to get her eyes checked by an eye doctor before kindergarten. Anyway...
So, the time comes for the shots and they want her to lay down. She does but she is craning like crazy to see what they're doing to her. The first shot goes in and she screams, the second goes in and she screams a bit louder. (By this time I'm literally biting my tongue and trying sooooo hard not to cry too while I hug her and talk in her ear.) The third goes in and she starts shouting "I dont' want anymore, I don't want anymore!" and I'm telling her that she's doing so awesome and they're almost done. Fourth one goes in and her tushy leaves the exam table. Fifth one goes in and she arches and screams like she's being electrocuted. I picked her up and held her and let her stop crying. As she sobbing, she says "I wasn't brave! I was crying really hard". I told her that she could cry and still be brave and I thought she was the bravest little girl I've ever met. Then I told her it was time to get her lollipops and the tears pretty much dried up.
On the way out I said "Was it really horrible?" and she said "It really hurt but it wasn't that bad" while she clutched her five lollipops, five stickers, and forty-five cents that one of the nurses fished out of her pocket because she felt so bad for her. And now she's using her legs as excuses to get out of everything! She can't walk because her legs are sore and she can't go to bed because her legs are too sore. My poor baby.
Ok. This is really long already and I have work in the morning. Have a good night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment