Saturday, November 1, 2008

Not much funny

So, we went to our friends' annual Halloween party tonight and I was driving home with the kids. I looked in my rearview to see the two most beautiful, angelic, and sweet little faces sleeping in the back seat. Ok. Ya know, sometimes I'm online and creating their ads for eBay and other times I'm just relishing being a Mom. It's super hard and a lot of times I just long for some peace and quiet. But no matter how stressful it is and no matter how crazy I get, nothing, and I do mean nothing, can compare to the view I had in my rearview. What really blows me away is that I had a hand in helping create that. Being a Mom is super-tough but I wouldn't trade a single moment.

2 comments:

Cathy Wright Dowd said...

You are so right about the contrast in motherhood. I am afraid to tell you it doesn't change as they get older either. You will always be in conflict -- be prepared.

Cathy Wright Dowd said...

You are so right about the contrasts in motherhood. I'm afraid to tell you that it doesn't get any better as they get older.