So, did you know that it is really tough to teach anyone how to knit with a roomful of very energetic kids? I know you're surprised. Really. I can feel your shockedness through my keyboard. But I'm really glad that there was any interest in it. I'd hate to see these crafts (quilting, knitting, crocheting, etc) fall into disuse because we're so reliant on technology.
If you've never had someone make you a sweater by hand then it is hard to know what I'm talking about. My grandma made me a few crocheted sweaters, toys, and afghans and I loved them all. Well, maybe the snowman with the carrot that stuck out three inches off my chest...right between my boobs...wasn't a favorite but it makes me smile to this day. I have only a few memories of my grandma that aren't with her sitting somewhere crocheting something. She rarely had to look at what she was doing and she'd often watch TV while crocheting. I want my kids to have memories like that of me because they are warm, loving memories.
Anyway, did you also know that 8 kids can whirlwind through a house faster than a tornado and they can also cause much more damage...all in the space of a few minutes? No? Really? Wow. I can feel your shockedness again. Needless to say my house isn't as neat as it has been for the past month.
Can you believe that we've kept our house nice and clean for an entire month??? Oh, crap. I just realized that it's our fault that it's snowing so much lately! Sorry. I'll have to think about stopping. I'm really enjoying being able to walk across the room, any room, without breaking a toe (or toy!) or ankle or puncturing my heel on who knows what! You just may have to deal with all the snow... :)
Ok. I just gave the kids lunch and I ate my lunch too. Now I think it is time to wrestle the girl child in for a rest. Believe it or not, she's been napping right next to me every day (except the days Mike had her) for the past two weeks. I love it! Believe it or not, bedtimes are much easier and mornings pretty much are too. Sometimes she a bit groggy (uh oh...it looks like she's got my night owl syndrome) but for the most part, we're doing very well with the naps.
Too bad that she's picked up being mean to her brother again. She's started to hit him or push him over when she thinks we're not looking. Before it was smaller more subtle things but now she's added the violent stuff and every time I catch her (which is hard), she goes right to her room. I think she's gotten her Uncle Mark's sneakiness with being able to hit and get away with it. Grrr...
But to end on a positive note, it has been wonderful getting her to pick up her toys. She does a fabulous job when we ask her to. And Jack is starting to respond to requests too. Mike asked him to bring something up to the kitchen to me and he did. I'll tell him to put something into the sink and he does it. These kids still amaze me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment