What a busy weekend! I worked every day this weekend and we tried to get some things done, too. Friday, I was supposed to clean but that got cancelled. Recently my cell phone just gave up the spirit so we had to replace that so we did that before I had to go in to work. Then on Saturday, I worked from 9-3 and then went to Gayle's for some 'sewing' time. By sewing I mean we all sat on the couch, watched movies, and tried really really hard not to fall asleep. Ok, I got some knitting done unlike my slacker friends who just watched movies. :) (Oh, I'm so gonna hear about that one!!)
Mike took the kids to an indoor playground where Katie lost him twice. Both times she got an attendant to help her look for her daddy. I'm really proud of her. I always feared that she wouldn't know what to do and I'm so proud that she did. I'm trying to teach her that if we're in the store and we get separated, she needs to stay still, call my full name (who actually looks around when they hear "Mom" shouted in a store???), and then to find another Mommy to help look for me (or Mike). I read somewhere that most guys are really willing to help but won't for fear of looking like a predator. We haven't had to test this strategy yet but I think the staying still part will be nearly impossible for her. After the playground and naps, they went to the toy store to look around for Christmas options. Of course, the kids didn't know that was the reason but ha-HA! It was.
Then today I worked again and afterwards when the kids were awake from their naps, we went bowling. I forgot my camera (oh, DUH!!) and I'm so sorry I did. Both kids were adorable. Katie kept doing this ballerina foot thing when she'd roll the ball. The very first time she walked up to the line and literally dropped the ball onto the lane. Oh, good times I tell you! But if you want to hear something seriously sad, she bowled a better game her first time than I did the last time I bowled!!! I think today was a lifetime high for me. I got 5 strikes, three right in a row, for a final score of 152. I even beat Mike which has never before happened!
We're going to try and make this a relatively regular thing. Mike and I don't get to do much with the kids as a family and we get to do even fewer things as a couple so we're going to work really hard at trying to get out twice a month as either a family or as a couple. Hopefully we can trade sitting services with Gayle. I have to actually propose this to her (although I think she'll figure it out as soon as she reads this!!) but if she'll watch the kids for a few hours that one or two nights a month, we'll keep Gavin overnight about once a month if she can surrender him. :) We don't get any time to laugh and be together so hopefully this will work out.
Ok, I'm falling asleep on the keyboard. Have a good one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment