













Wow. That was quite a pile of people we had today! But I think Katie had a good time. By the end of the day, I was a tiny little bit short on patience but not too bad. Katie and Gavin are upstairs right now, presumably sleeping because I haven't heard a peep out of them for the past half an hour. Poor Gavin was a little shocked when I made him do more than swish his toothbrush in his mouth more than once then spit. But I think they're both pretty exhausted after the party, dinner, and then a movie. Afterwards we played some games and then I got them dressed. I'll be checking on them shortly but I think they are out!
As guests were coming in, Katie was asking every person if they wanted to go see the cupcakes. She decorated them. (I literally swept up more sugar than was actually on the cakes!) Then she proceeded to ask every single person if they wanted a cupcake. It was really tough to get her to understand that we gave Gayle a cupcake to take home because she wasn't staying and that everyone else had to wait.
I think that next year I really have to tone down the parties or I have to do separate parties. Having all the kids in our group of friends plus all the kids from her school/Cubbies/gymnastics all at the same time is just a little too much. I think everyone had a good time, though.
The pinata was fun. I'll tell you, though. I didn't know there was so much latent hostility against Sesame Street! Those kids were outta control!! And it wasn't just the big kids...some of those little ones were having at it! Even after it was empty and on the ground, those kids were just pummeling the snot out of it. It would have been really funny if I wasn't just a little scared. Hold me. :)
When Katie was opening the presents, I was telling the kids to move back a little and Katie kept shouting 'gather round'!! The sound of ripping wrapping paper is to kids what blood in the water is to sharks!! We have some awesome pictures of Katie opening her presents (thank you sooo much Julie P.!) and some great reaction shots. We didn't get to the presents we had gotten her until after everyone had left. We needed to get the pinata in so we had to put ours on hold so she and Gavin opened them after we cleaned up. I was very proud of both of them because they both single-handedly cleaned up all the toys that were pulled out during her party.
I think she really likes her presents. She wanted to open almost everything tonight after the movie. I let her pick two games to play with me and Gavin (Mike was cranky and tired) and it was tough to pick! I have to remember to get a light bulb tomorrow so she can try her EZ Bake Oven. I really hope that she likes it and that I didn't get it because I had so badly wanted one as a kid. The picture of the look on her face when she opened it says she liked it, though.
By the by, I went up and checked on the kids. Gavin is little more than a little tuft of snoring hair above his blanket and Katie looks like she should have a chalk outline due to the pose she's in! They must have been exhausted because I don't think they were laughing or talking or giggling or anything.
Lastly, I took Katie and Gavin to Perkins and then we went to see Madagascar 2. Both kids were really well behaved. I'm very proud of them. I swear that Gavin has a hollow leg!! Mrs. Childers is definitely correct though. There is definitely pancake protocol with that boy!!! The syrup must be confined and kept away from the pancake. And if there is spillage or drippage after the dipping, that's enough for Defcon alerts!! He got, literally, two drops of syrup on the main pancake and there was slight panicking. "There is syrup on the pancake!! Quick! I have to get it off!" I told him that it would be ok that he should just eat that bite next which he did hastily and with no delay. After watching him dip his pancake and nearly stand on his chair to make sure that he dripped back into the 1" diameter bowl, I figured that I could save the poor boy some major troubles by just moving the syrup bowl to the side of the plate closest to him. Ahhh...that was so much better. :D
The movie was really good and I was super surprised at the major case of fidgety-butts that we had. Believe it or not it wasn't Miss ADD herself! Gavin was in my lap, in his seat, back in my lap, standing, leaning over the guy in front of him (that did NOT go over well with the guy in front of him!...you'd think Gavin was threatening him with a knife...yes, it was annoying I'm sure but still...), back in my lap, standing again, back in his seat, in Katie's seat.... I think his pants ants were in full swing! They both really seemed to enjoy the movie though. And just a hint to all of you crazy enough to take two tired 4/5 year olds to the movies right after dinner...one small (read huge in the normal world) sized popcorn is nowhere near enough. We were about halfway through the movie when Gavin says "Hey, where's the popcorn??" Clearly didn't realize that he had eaten it already!! He looked at me like I ate it (not even one single kernel, thank you) and then said he was thirsty. I told him I had Diet Pepsi. Five minutes later, he said he was thirsty. Still got Diet Pepsi. Five minutes later, still thirsty. Gavin, try the Pepsi and don't tell Mom I'm giving you caffeine at 8p.
Ok. I think that's about all on the report of Gavin. LOL!! Oh, and just so you all know, Gavin asked who Katie was going to marry and I said I didn't know. He then so graciously and sweetly offered "I'll marry her". Isn't that sweet? I'll start picking out invites! :)
Last thing...we're in the car heading for dinner and one of Katie's songs comes on. "Ooo! I love this song. Gavin, be quiet so I can sing this". From way in the back I hear "How long do I have to be quiet"?
Ok. I think that I'm done telling you about her birthday. She had a great time and got to talk to a lot of people on the phone. She got too many presents but I think she will enjoy them. Jack was a little tough to keep away from the swinging pinata stick but I think he had fun. Of all the toys that came into this house today, the one we bought for him from Gram-mam and Pap-pap is the one we could not get her to surrender. What a kid!
I will put all the pictures in Photobucket tonight (if I remember before logging off for the night). If not, they'll be on tomorrow. I'll post some here as well but check out the whole thing on photobucket.
As guests were coming in, Katie was asking every person if they wanted to go see the cupcakes. She decorated them. (I literally swept up more sugar than was actually on the cakes!) Then she proceeded to ask every single person if they wanted a cupcake. It was really tough to get her to understand that we gave Gayle a cupcake to take home because she wasn't staying and that everyone else had to wait.
I think that next year I really have to tone down the parties or I have to do separate parties. Having all the kids in our group of friends plus all the kids from her school/Cubbies/gymnastics all at the same time is just a little too much. I think everyone had a good time, though.
The pinata was fun. I'll tell you, though. I didn't know there was so much latent hostility against Sesame Street! Those kids were outta control!! And it wasn't just the big kids...some of those little ones were having at it! Even after it was empty and on the ground, those kids were just pummeling the snot out of it. It would have been really funny if I wasn't just a little scared. Hold me. :)
When Katie was opening the presents, I was telling the kids to move back a little and Katie kept shouting 'gather round'!! The sound of ripping wrapping paper is to kids what blood in the water is to sharks!! We have some awesome pictures of Katie opening her presents (thank you sooo much Julie P.!) and some great reaction shots. We didn't get to the presents we had gotten her until after everyone had left. We needed to get the pinata in so we had to put ours on hold so she and Gavin opened them after we cleaned up. I was very proud of both of them because they both single-handedly cleaned up all the toys that were pulled out during her party.
I think she really likes her presents. She wanted to open almost everything tonight after the movie. I let her pick two games to play with me and Gavin (Mike was cranky and tired) and it was tough to pick! I have to remember to get a light bulb tomorrow so she can try her EZ Bake Oven. I really hope that she likes it and that I didn't get it because I had so badly wanted one as a kid. The picture of the look on her face when she opened it says she liked it, though.
By the by, I went up and checked on the kids. Gavin is little more than a little tuft of snoring hair above his blanket and Katie looks like she should have a chalk outline due to the pose she's in! They must have been exhausted because I don't think they were laughing or talking or giggling or anything.
Lastly, I took Katie and Gavin to Perkins and then we went to see Madagascar 2. Both kids were really well behaved. I'm very proud of them. I swear that Gavin has a hollow leg!! Mrs. Childers is definitely correct though. There is definitely pancake protocol with that boy!!! The syrup must be confined and kept away from the pancake. And if there is spillage or drippage after the dipping, that's enough for Defcon alerts!! He got, literally, two drops of syrup on the main pancake and there was slight panicking. "There is syrup on the pancake!! Quick! I have to get it off!" I told him that it would be ok that he should just eat that bite next which he did hastily and with no delay. After watching him dip his pancake and nearly stand on his chair to make sure that he dripped back into the 1" diameter bowl, I figured that I could save the poor boy some major troubles by just moving the syrup bowl to the side of the plate closest to him. Ahhh...that was so much better. :D
The movie was really good and I was super surprised at the major case of fidgety-butts that we had. Believe it or not it wasn't Miss ADD herself! Gavin was in my lap, in his seat, back in my lap, standing, leaning over the guy in front of him (that did NOT go over well with the guy in front of him!...you'd think Gavin was threatening him with a knife...yes, it was annoying I'm sure but still...), back in my lap, standing again, back in his seat, in Katie's seat.... I think his pants ants were in full swing! They both really seemed to enjoy the movie though. And just a hint to all of you crazy enough to take two tired 4/5 year olds to the movies right after dinner...one small (read huge in the normal world) sized popcorn is nowhere near enough. We were about halfway through the movie when Gavin says "Hey, where's the popcorn??" Clearly didn't realize that he had eaten it already!! He looked at me like I ate it (not even one single kernel, thank you) and then said he was thirsty. I told him I had Diet Pepsi. Five minutes later, he said he was thirsty. Still got Diet Pepsi. Five minutes later, still thirsty. Gavin, try the Pepsi and don't tell Mom I'm giving you caffeine at 8p.
Ok. I think that's about all on the report of Gavin. LOL!! Oh, and just so you all know, Gavin asked who Katie was going to marry and I said I didn't know. He then so graciously and sweetly offered "I'll marry her". Isn't that sweet? I'll start picking out invites! :)
Last thing...we're in the car heading for dinner and one of Katie's songs comes on. "Ooo! I love this song. Gavin, be quiet so I can sing this". From way in the back I hear "How long do I have to be quiet"?
Ok. I think that I'm done telling you about her birthday. She had a great time and got to talk to a lot of people on the phone. She got too many presents but I think she will enjoy them. Jack was a little tough to keep away from the swinging pinata stick but I think he had fun. Of all the toys that came into this house today, the one we bought for him from Gram-mam and Pap-pap is the one we could not get her to surrender. What a kid!
I will put all the pictures in Photobucket tonight (if I remember before logging off for the night). If not, they'll be on tomorrow. I'll post some here as well but check out the whole thing on photobucket.

No comments:
Post a Comment