Thursday, November 20, 2008

If Gayle can whine, I can too

Not to be upstaged by Gayle and her sickness and throwing-uppedness son, now we're sick too. I've been bleh for the past two days and today's sore throat is oh-so-fun. My throat is sore enough that I can barely swallow right now.

Poor Jack is sick too. He didn't really nap today because he was coughing too hard to sleep so we gave him a tiny little bit of cough medicine so he could get a little rest tonight. His nose is quite faucet-like too. Yum.

Katie and I made those PB cookies today. Ours were much better, if I do say so myself. The four of us ate approximately 2/3 of the batch tonight. Sadly, I didn't stick to my daily WW POINTS but I am counting the POINTS and moving on. It makes it tough for the last 5 days of this week because I now have to stick rigidly to my allotted daily POINTS. I can do it though. My last weigh-in showed a .2 lb drop. Miniscule, yes but still a drop and not a gain. But those cookies were really good and Katie loved them so that's the important part.

Now for the un-fun part of my message. I swear Katie is trying to disfigure herself. You know how Moms tell kids not to stand and play around in bathtubs and not to jump around for any reason?? Well, it turns out that Mom may actually be on to something there. I was in her room getting pajamas and I hear *thump WHUMP* followed by a blood-curdling scream. I went into the bathroom to see blood covering her entire upper lip but I didn't see any cuts. She got her first bloody nose. While I was upstairs trying to find some Tylenol and ice for her, Mike discovered a rather large nasty knot on the side of her nose. It looks like she's really lucky that she didn't break it. I'm crossing my fingers really hard that she doesn't bruise badly but I can't imagine how she won't. I was going to get her five-years-old portraits taken last week and she punctured her face. I was going to do it this weekend since that wound was healing and now she nearly rips her nose off!! It doesn't look like she wants those five-year pictures!! Sheesh! I really wasn't joking about her amazing ability to get injured. My poor baby. She told me "I can't go to school tomorrow like this". Man, those teachers have got to think that we're beating the hell out of our kids!! Broken fingers, punctured cheekbones, black and blue eyes, forehead cuts, and now a black eye and nose. I'm going to have social services here soon. I wish I was actually joking there but it really is a fear.

I showed Katie Mike's Superman scar and told her that she has to be careful jumping on, into, under, over, in, and off of things! Poor baby.

No comments: